icon

compustar 2way 900mhz green wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ivioto 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Could someone PLEASE help me move forward!!!  I have my compustar 2way 900mhz all installed... I however DID NOT connect the solid green wire coming from the compustar brain to anything, because im unsure of its use.  If somone could clarify were i need to connect that green wire i would apreciate it. I think i connect it to the yellow ignition wire in the harness of my 1999 solara, but again im not sure. ALSO i used the TACH learning method. I found my tach (orange-black) under and behind the glove box. NO LUCK !!! When i start the vechile and let it idle down, i then press the LEARN button.... I get an error...  three beeps+light flashes...  TWO second pause.... TWO light flashes.... so that error is as follows:  Manual key is in the OFF position Is this error because im using a bad TACH connection, Because im not using the GREEN WIRE, or a combination of both???

Thank you all for your help!!   This site is a great place!       

STUCK,

Nick

Sexified 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
inside the little black door on the brain there is a green wire "loop" cut it for auto-transmission and leave it for standard transmission,then re-start the car and learn the tach, or go to the injector wire on the pass-side underhood on the top of tghe motor and go to the yellow wire. make sure that the green wire that is in the main harness with the starter,acc.,park lights,etc. is connected.
hope i helped.
sweet.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
the green wire is both input of IGN and output to IGN when RS. make sure its plug into an IGN of the solara
if the solara is AT, then cut the loop inside of the CM3000 window.
|       TACHOMETER|BLACK/ orange        |   |behind glove box *8        |
*8 At the ECM. On the 4 cylinder models it is in the top plug. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the second plug from the top.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Ivioto 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

WOW thanks guys. respone time was awesome. So just to further clarify. It a 1999 toyota solara, maunual 5 speed, 4 cylnder, loop wire UN CUT. So connect the GREEN wire to the YELLOW ignition (switched) wire correct?

THANKS A MILLION!

NIck

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, its actually:
|        IGNITION|BLACK / YELLOW        |+ |ignition harness       
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic