icon

03 jeep liberty, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msperos 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
MY GOD CARS HAVE BECOME COMPLEX.......MY HAT OFF TO TODAYS INSTALLERS.Now my problem, I put a triloxix direct start into a '03 liberty with a chdl4-pk bypass kit. I can't get the transponder to program. I cycle both sentry keys and get the proper prmpts but when I hold the by pass box to the ignition barell I get 4 sentry flashes and then nothing. sorry for the long post but I'm stumped. pm me if you need more info to help.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

I just did 2 Dodge rams over the weekend with CHDL3-PK bypass modules- it took about 6 or 7 tries to get it to program- hardest thing was powering all those ignition wires (4) without slipping the alligator clip off intermittently, and holding the module next to the key chamber with the other hand- but it finally took- and works great- both trucks took about the same number of tries-  try turning the module around label side once then reverse it- I also did it with the door closed- thought it might help.. after several aborts...   

Only complaint owners have is now truck locks automatically after they close the doors, even if NOT remote started-- I told them it is a "dodge" programming thing- thought they had it programmed in that way-- but maybe it reset to defaults when I programmed the CHDL3-PK  and now they need to program the locking routine to their preferences.

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
One thing I have learned about the bypass modules from Trilogix is they have some of the worst programming instructions. This is how I program the Chrysler bypasses:
First, make sure the vehicle will remote start with the key in the ignitiion cylinder and in the off position. Once that is working fine, move onto the next step.
Next, I put the remote start in diesel mode. The starter I use (Ultrastart) has an option to turn the ignition and accessories on for 30 seconds before cranking the starter. Other remote starters have a wait-to-start wire that will power up the ignition and accessories but will not crank the engine as long as ground is applied to the wait to start wire. If your system has one of these options, it will make your life a lot easier.
Then, I'll take the wire loop coming out of the bypass module and wrap it around the key cylinder and then plug it into the bypass module. At this point, if you put a prorammed key into the cylinder and then try to remote start the car it should not start because the car will see one programmed key and one unprogrammed key. If it does start and stay running, you don't have the bypass module positioned correctly.
Last step is to program the bypass module. Key 1 on for 8 seconds. Key 2 on for about 12 seconds. You should hear a chime come on and make about 3 chime sounds. Remove the key and remote start the car. Since the car is in diesel mode, the ignition should turn on but it shouldn't crank. You'll also notice the security light (usually a red dot on the dash somewhere) should start flashing. After about 12 seconds the light should stay solid for about 3 seconds and then go out. The bypass module is now programmed. Remove the remote start out of diesel mode and you should be all done.
I know the bypass module says to hold the box in front of the key cylinder, but that method sucks.
I tried to be as specific as possible, hopefully this will help.
brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Okay- sounds great- I like the diesel wait to start idea- my unit has that- I can merely ground that wire to power all the ignitions at once the easy way- I wish I would have thought of that before I struggled with all the jumper leads-

So where is the module when you program it- you said it may not be positioned correctly if it starts-(from your above statement) --- the instructions say the wires around the key cylinder ARE NOT USED during programming.  Yet how does the module learn the frequency when it is away from the key cylinder.  does the wire wrappings send the signal in reverse back to the module?

Also is htere a difference in order of key presentation- is there really a "key 1" and "key 2" or does it matter if key 2 goes in first?

Also can you comment on why the owner locked himself out of his truck ('05 ram 2500 diesel) the same day I gave it back to him?  He says it never used to lock automatically when he shuts the door- now it does-- and I specifically turned off the autolock on the R/S- and besides he wasn't in R/S mode when he did it.  So did the bypass module somehow reset his driver lock/unlock preferences?  Thanks for all the help

brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

Okay- sounds great- I like the diesel wait to start idea- my unit has that- I can merely ground that wire to power all the ignitions at once the easy way- I wish I would have thought of that before I struggled with all the jumper leads-

So where is the module when you program it- you said it may not be positioned correctly if it starts-(from your above statement) --- the instructions say the wires around the key cylinder ARE NOT USED during programming.  Yet how does the module learn the frequency when it is away from the key cylinder.  does the wire wrappings send the signal in reverse back to the module?

Also is htere a difference in order of key presentation- is there really a "key 1" and "key 2" or does it matter if key 2 goes in first?

Also can you comment on why the owner locked himself out of his truck ('05 ram 2500 diesel) the same day I gave it back to him?  He says it never used to lock automatically when he shuts the door- now it does-- and I specifically turned off the autolock on the R/S- and besides he wasn't in R/S mode when he did it.  So did the bypass module somehow reset his driver lock/unlock preferences?  Thanks for all the help

johnnyb1231 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
i have never encountered this problem... but for chrysler cars ive always used the 555c-w by DEI and never had ANY problems with programming

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic