icon

Faint Chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ucantbeme 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 300 with a keyless entry and Vallet remote start added on. I've had it in my car for about 3 years. It's been working fine until the other day when I changed my oil. It now does nothing, doesn't arm, status led, keyless entry, nor remote start. I was trying to find out what the problem was and I noticed when I start the car, and have the doors closed, there is a very faint chirp coming from the siren. I also disconnected the alarm from the battery and the faint chirp was still there; there's no auxillary battery for the alarm. There's nothing wrong with the car battery nor the alternator. ANY ideas are needed as to what the problem is or where to look and what to look for?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
a faint chirp from a DEI unit/siren would occur when ground is loose or removed while "armed". i would check for ground ing of the siren and also the brain itself.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ucantbeme 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Is it supposed to do that even if the main battery is disconnected? Everything looks to be grounded securely could it be anything else?
johnnyb1231 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
there is a possibility that the unit isnt grounded properly, or the brain is shot... im not sure if that viper has lifetime warranty or not... if it does take it to the place you got it from
ituneyou 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
You said that with the battery disconnected the sound is still there? sounds like you have a backup battery and also you lost the main ground of the alarm. I've noticed that most Dei alarms will give you that faint sound from the siren when theres a bad ground.
Good luck ,
      Steve
A man has got to know his limitations
ituneyou 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
Does the siren have a key switch on it? If it does thats the reason you still hear the sound with the battery disconnected, check the ground to the alarm or reground the alarm to a good ground ie, scrap paint in kick panel and ground it real good.
Good luck,
       Steve
A man has got to know his limitations

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic