icon

prayers please

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
best wishes. i have had several family members with the like. spend as much time with her as you can. remember life is short. i wish you and your family the best.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the support everyone.  I still have no word on her next appointment, but she's in good spirits.  I'm definitely spending the quality time I can with her. 

Rob, my grandma has never been a smoker either; neither has my grandpa.  I admire your courage in doing what you know is best.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
All of our prayers go to you and your family.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
robbyw 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh! The power of prayer...Prayer is indeed powerful...best wishes to you and your family...I try to pray every day and I will add you to my list
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Your Grandma will be in my prayers tonight before bed. The older we get, the more prominant mortality becomes in our lives. ALL of my grandparents are gone.....cancer and heart.  My folks are in their 70's. God will comfort you in your time of need. TAKE CARE my friend..................
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys.  Well, I did find out today that her doctor is setting an appointment to see her surgeon, which means it's operable.  They should be able to take off one lobe of that lung.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting... Best of wishes with that. *shiver* Surgery. Given I'm sure she'll make through that fine, since I've seen my like 2nd aunt go through a triple bypass and come out and she wasn't the healthiest/strongest of people. She even smoked most of her life(Until that) and she is doing tremendous now. Not sure how, but she's came through it find, kinda inspiring.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

I have also lost most of my family members to cancer, and coincidentally found out yesterday when I got in from offshore that a really close friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Not too sure how bad yet, have to run more tests. Its hard losing our loved ones. The best advise was posted earlier in this thread, spend as much time as possible, and be there for her. Because if the case does go south, you always look back and wish you "would have"

Good Luck to your Grandma, and hope doctors can clear her up, with today's technology,  it is becoming more and more common for people to "beat" cancer. Keep you head up buddy.

Your Grandma is in my families' prayers. Take care.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic