icon

Best wire strippers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slush 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productid=1292759&cp=&keywords=wire+stripper&searchId=5378723367&parentPage=search

In my experience, that is the best one i've ever used.  I didn't actually buy it from there... i bought it from this place called JK Electronics down here in southern california.  But that wire stripper is awesome!  It strips wires with ease, and allows you to peel back the wire's insulation without cutting it (i.e. doing what mikeshonda750 was talking about... so you can make a joint with another wire without having to cut that wire).  Out of all the wire strippers I've tried it probably does the job the fastest and cleanest.

-Derek

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

I agree, I also own one and the one offered by crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2mKiTdnOfkY/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=820&I=18119000

Do it right the first time
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

I second that that is one of the best wire strippers, unfortunely I lost mines, left it in a car. I had bought a similar one from radio shack just becase i was already there it has a better handle that dosnt slip unlike the GB one, but the Radio Shack one sucks A$$ . The cheapy GB that i got from kragen's worked better than anything else I've used.

delphidoc 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

I got a "Kronus" stripper at RatShack that's very similar to the G-B. It has a sliding guide to measure how much you're stripping off. Doesn't crimp worth a flip.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5fid=64-2982

I gave my son one for his birthday last week so he'll quit borrowing mine. I felt it was my duty to buy him a stripper for his 16th birthday. I'm just that kind of guy. Best wire strippers? -- posted image.

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Anything you are comfortable with and get the job done. This thing does everything for me.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Best wire strippers? -- posted image.
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Dude I've gone through like 3 pairs of those self adjusting strippers in all the years of installing. I loved it so much I kept buying new ones. Now I even have a back up.
I loved my crimper and stripper so much when I was installing I gave them names "Asian Stripper and West side crimper". It killed my when I'd misplace them.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
H-a performance 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

talk to you local snap-on dealer they have ones that dont break. 

p.s. use what you like, I personally hate auto ones

slush 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

5150azn wrote:
Dude I've gone through like 3 pairs of those self adjusting strippers in all the years of installing. I loved it so much I kept buying new ones. Now I even have a back up.
I loved my crimper and stripper so much when I was installing I gave them names "Asian Stripper and West side crimper". It killed my when I'd misplace them.
\

haha... how did you go through 3 pairs?  Did they break under heavy use?

-Derek

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

I like the smaller wire strippers. I have a Klein one which works great! I also, have a Snap on one which works pretty good too. I dont like the auto ones either.

ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Klein 1006, RED / black handles.
Cannot stand the auto strippers.
If you get a pair of these broken in good they are perfect for almost anything.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic