icon

Remote Start, kills itself and restarts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheRapture 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a Black Widow 2-way FM alarm, it runs perfectly, the remote start also runs perfectly... but when the Temp get's into the single digits F, the remote start... starts the car... after a few seconds, Kills the car... starts the car again... after a few seconds, Kills the car again... it does this 3 times. and only when the temp is so low.
The Tach wire IS connected, and everything else is working properly.
Thoughts?
Thanks
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
I could be wrong, and this is just an idea, but, I have a Viper that was doing that on my Mazda 626, and the reason I found is that the remote start had a feature that would shut the engine off if you hit the gas pedal or break; the gas pedal pressure is sensed through the Tach, so when the RPMs went past 17000 the car would shut off.  When it is cold outside your car will start at a high idle and as it warms up it the RPMs will drop to normal.  The alarm senses the tach at a higher than normal level, and while the car is shutting down and the RPMs fall again, the alarm restarts.

There is probably a jumper setting or something that can control that feature, but not all alarms and cars are alike.

It took me about a week to figure out what was happening, until I watched my tach from the outside and remotely started it.

Good luck, hopefully someone else has some better explaination or advice.
eh? what did you just say?
extreme sound1 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
try programming the tach at a higher rpm just a litlle bie higher see if that does the trick
dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

This is just a theory not certain fact. But some remote start systems have a temperature regulated start option. this would mean that the remote start may engage when temperature is at a certain degree farenheit or celsius. if this is the case something maybe wrong with this temperature sensor or how it is calibrated or maybe nothing at all... 

I'm an not familiar with the Black Widow System so consult your manufacturer or  manual. This might help.

one love
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure how to SET the Rpm's on the remote start... how do you do it?
as far as the Temp sensor, i'm pretty sure there's not one on the Black Widow alarm.   There IS an option to have the car remote start and warm up for 15 mintes every 12 hours or something liek that... but i dont have that setup.
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
um...yeah... that is a little high, maybe I should have that checked out too; I just realized that I have a one of a kind tach that goes up to 17000, my car is also has an 18 speed manual transmission, wings, and has a back up power source - Elves on giant hampster wheels.

but, hey, if you set the autostart to disable at 17000, you probably wouldn't have that problem
eh? what did you just say?
rsudbay 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
lol, one of those 1995  elve model
hey, everyone has got to start somewhere. but ill learn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

18 speed manual trans......AND wings, man your luckyRemote Start, kills itself and restarts -- posted image.

That was some funny stuff.....Back on to the topic

What kind of car is it that you have Mr. Rapture?

tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

I just had that same EXACT problem with a Cavalier I did an install for. I installed a Crimestopper RS900VII w/out the tach wire at first.. When they brought it back I had to test a couple different tach wires until I found one that worked. It's worked perfect ever since.

I would maybe try a different tach wire. Also, not sure if your starter is like this but the crimestopper needed programmed each time I changed the wire.

Good luck.

TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

18 speed manual trans......AND wings, man your luckyRemote Start, kills itself and restarts -- posted image.

That was some funny stuff.....Back on to the topic

What kind of car is it that you have Mr. Rapture?

it's a '97 Acura Integra GSR
tbird2340 wrote:

I just had that same EXACT problem with a Cavalier I did an install for. I installed a Crimestopper RS900VII w/out the tach wire at first.. When they brought it back I had to test a couple different tach wires until I found one that worked. It's worked perfect ever since.

I would maybe try a different tach wire. Also, not sure if your starter is like this but the crimestopper needed programmed each time I changed the wire.

Good luck.

I've got it conencted directly to the distributor.   A while back i had problems with it starting (i didnt have the Tach wire connected at the time) everyone told me to connect the Tach wire, i did.. and everything worked great!
that was 2 years ago... i had the remote start/alarm installed for 3 years now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic