icon

04 BMW 525, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
is it still the EWSII transponder system? in the new bmw's? what problems did you have with the trans. system? couldnt find the wires going to the ewsII (if thats still the system) ?
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Found the wires. Havent tried the Dei peice yet but tried a different bypass peice. Just got a hold of a 555b or u... also just popped out the chip from the key. Going to try to wrap wire around the chip. You guys think that will work? or better with the 555u? What about the key sense? probably won't be able to get back to it till later this week. But I'll let you guys know whats up.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

try to get a factory ring from bmw it cost a round $29, in the ring there are a plug, you can use the power locks wires plug, it fits perfect on the ring. and use a relay to interface with the factory ewsII. when you put the key in the ring find a little foam to stockm the key in and taped around that way the key is going to move. there are two wires from EWSII just cut one

86 is 12v+ fused

85 is ground from remote start

87 is going to one wire of the EWSII

87a is going to key side

30 is going to EWSII

I did many of those and thas the best way that i found bypass the EWSII good luck04 BMW 525, remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I saw that but I was worried about spending 30 bucks on something that wouldn't work. Have you guys used a 555b?
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
ive used the 555b but the new 556u does the same thing and its better to keep those in stock anyways instead of specially ordering a 555b just for bmw's, ya know...
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
i belive the new 5 series uses EWS II  as its anti theft   the 555b  should work  i beleive the new 556u also works usually the stock bmw key wont fit, but the car come w/ 2 standard keys and a black plastic wallet key that works great.
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
OK THE VERDICT!!! After 3 days of intense installing and head scratching we are unable to get this 04 525 Bmw to remote start. We have used all relevent dei peices as well as some cheaper ones. Also we busted the key to get the chip; wrapped the chip and used a relay... you know that method. Still unable to get things to work. The only method we have not tried is to use a factory transponder ring. Like I said we were not able to get this car to remote start without the key in the ignition... What do you guys think?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic