icon

code alarm ca-640 remote start prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all. I have a code alarm model CA-640 that was professionally installed into my 04 Chevy Trailblazer. It was installed about 3 months ago.
A couple of days ago, when I tried to activate the remote start, the horn/lights just chirped 4 times and it didn’t start. Now its hit and miss – sometimes it will start, sometimes it will just do the 4 chirps. Whats weird is the “quick stop” feature works just fine.
My installer has moved away so im out of luck. I verified that it isn’t the hood pin (that causes 2 chirps). I cant find anything in the manuals (installer or owners) about it, and nothing on the net.
Anyone out there know what the 4 chirps mean, or how to fix the problem? Thanks
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
4 chirps means it hasn't learned the tach signal. If that's the problem, it would never remote start. You may have a bad module or you could have a low battery causing the hit or miss problems. If by some chance your in the eastern PA area I'd be happy to give it look over. Good luck,
Mike
uglyb0b 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply.
i will have the battery tested @ auto zone and see if thats the problem. im wondering if the installer attached the tach wire. i think i will follow the install guide to set the tach and see if the tach wire is even attached. if not, i may try putting it in blind mode and see if that solves the problem.
i bought the alarm off ebay and paid this guy to put it in. hes a pro installer, but i doubt i will have any warranty w/code if the brain is bad, so i hope that isnt the case.
thanks for the offer, but im in TX. we will see what happens. anything else you may have to offer for me to try would be appreciated. thanks.
SoundExplosion 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

The ca-640 is a good unit if you have 4 chirps when you try to RMST the car it is the tach wire. if you look out under the hood you will see a PURPLE / white pin 8 in the car start plug if tis their he put it in. i would not go tach less , i have seen that underer cold weather the car may not start    just giving you a heads up

ca-640  my eyes great unit

SoundExplosion 

uglyb0b 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
update:
the installer didnt attach the tach wire, and it was programmed to run in blind crank mode.
i connected the tach wire, reprogrammed to use tach for start and so far havnet had the problem again (knock on wood).
thanks to you guys for replies; and thanks to 12volt for the posts with the wiring info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic