icon

car won't start with key on Honda Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woeful 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have install a compustar c3000 remote start/alarm on my accord, it's been working for about 3 months now, until yesterday after getting back to my car, the key will not turn the ignition on, at first I thought i got a dead battery, but then I try to start it with the remote, and it work.  How did this happen? did I press something on the remote that stop the car from starting with the key? Help me out, thanks
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

*no edit, that sux*

the key work before, I don't know how it stop happen, but after I remote start it, I put in the key, and the engine will keep running, but it won't start with key.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
What year Accord?
Does the engine crank?
If it is a 1998 or newer, how did you bypass the immobilizer chip?
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

My guess something to do with the starter kill or starter wire.  Check the starter wire to see if it came disconnected.

tim

riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=44694&KW=riceman here is a post I did on an Infinity g35. This sounds like the the exact same problem I had but no one knew the anwser. The reason i think your car starts when you RS is that when u RS the immobilizer bypass send the proper code before start then once you do key take over u no longer need the code. But if starting with the key your key needs  to send the proper code for engine start. Sounds like you need to go to the dealer and have the key reprogramed again. Somehow your car erased one of your keys. Theres an easy test for this, stick your key in the ignition and turn it to where all the lights go on, then look to the left side of you instrument cluster n look for the green key symbol if it keeps on blinking then you dont have the proper code, if the light goes out your all go to go. good luck the dealer is gonna charge u $50 bucks plus.
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=50631&PN=2 here is a post on the next page about the same kind of problem.
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
this is a 97 accord, don't have the immobilizer thing.  it is unlikely that the wire get disconnected, as I solder all the connection.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I believe there was a recall on your car a couple years ago for a faulty ignition switch. You ever have that done?
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
oh really?, I haven't heard anything about that, I check with honda.com, but can't find their email to ask..., thanks
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
ive read this recall notice somewhere in the past about come 94-97 accord and along w/ some civic that have faulty ignition cylinder.
this one dude w/ a civic hatch around that yr have faulty ignition cyl and swap it out and works like a charm.
JWorm wrote:
I believe there was a recall on your car a couple years ago for a faulty ignition switch. You ever have that done?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic