icon

Need Help Choosing A Fuse Holder.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ok currently i have a AGU FUSE HOLDER with a 80 Amp fuse with 2 guage wiring to my PG tantrum t500.2 (60A fuse on amp). Then i got another 10guage runnign to trunk to my alpine Mrv t320 25A on amp and fuse. The alpine amp is gonna be gone and replaced with PG tantrum 300.2 which has a 30A fuse rating. The thign is no store in town sells a 100A AGU GLass fuse but i see one on Ebay a 5pack for 3 bux. What i will be doing is takign the 2 gauage to a distro block splitting it into 2 4AWGs. The thing is AGU max's at 100A, dont see any fuses on the net higher than a 100A in AGU form. My total current draw from my amps woudl be about 90A but my amps are underated and can draw up to more at peak times. SHould i just buy a new ANL fuse holder cuz it has a upgrade ability from 100-300A or just buy a 100A AGU fuse from ebay and save cost of getting a new fuse holder ? Need your help and it will be greatly appreciated.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Find yourself a resetable circuit breaker. It also makes it nice and easy to work on your system safely. 100 amp agu fuses are hard to find and you never have them when you need them.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
circuit breaker? you mean something like this http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5754438160&rd=1#ebayphotohosting
is it really better than even a ANL FUSE Holder with ANL 100AMP fuse ? i dont see whats better here could ya explain?
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

Remember that the purpose of the breaker or fuse up front is to protect the vehicle. I like breakers as they are easy to trip open if one wants to work on the system. No fuse holders to take apart, no tools for it, no more buying fuses. Your link did not work for me Most if not all breakers are black in color, about 2" square. On the top they usually have a red push button and a red pivoting latch. When it comes down to it one type of fuse is not much different than the other. Some installers have their preference, just like I prefer to use breakers.

blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
here is the link it ends soon this will be fine for me right ?
Circuit Breaked
forbidden 
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, ensure that the one you purchase is as large or close to the combined value of the fuses in your amplifiers.
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
by adding the fuse's on both my amps the total is 90A so i belive 100A will be fine. ALthough i like the reccomendation for the Circuit Breaker i think ill be going into a ANL FUSE HOLDER for now. just because with the circuit breaker im goign to have to secure it somewhere in the engine bay by scrweing it down into something which i dont want to do. Or i might just buy a 100A glass AGU fuse for now. I never use my system at full power , i dont compete just daily listening.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic