icon

98 chevy wait to start wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aarant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I got a 98 chevy with the diesel and can't find my wait to start wire? anyone have location and color?
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, the wait to start wire is Dk. Blue behind the cluster. Make sure you use a 1 amp diode between the wait to start light and where you connect to the wire.
aarant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
what is the purpose of the diode? they are both (-)? Thanks
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
the diode prevents ground from backfeeding from the bulb into the alarm.
paidfor 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
this is aarant, i have it installed, however  here's my issue. I have a Avistart 3200 installed on a 98 Chevy silverado, Diesel... So the tach is supposed to read between 1&7 volts AC, it being a diesel possibly the reason is only putting out .2V AC @ idle... So OK no problem, we'll run it tachless with voltage checking... wrong, won't work that way it goes through start squence and the truck acts like the key is turned on for about the 10-15 seconds it waits before it checks the voltage. so makes ya think that the ignition wires are hooked up wrong, so i double checked all my connections, it's a 3 ignition wire system and everything appears OK, all fuses OK, ok connections OK... so my thought that well maybe i can run it with the tach and just give it a bogus signal somehow,    anyone have any ideas what is wrong or how i can make it work? Thanks!!!
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you have the correct tach wire for the diesel, it is white at the cluster.
paidfor 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes, it is hooked at the cluster.  multimeter shows the voltage of .2v ac at idle and can rev engine to get greater current.
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have to ask is there another white wire you could check in the cluster, it could be that the wire you have is not the right one, but if it is the right one, is there a setting on the alarm for low voltage systems, i know the dei systems have a jumper to change the threshold of the tach check wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic