icon

94 pontiac grand am parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ky1960 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

hi!       need help for 94 grand am parking lights switch. if I turn it on none of the parking lights came on if I power the direct to the park lights wire( brown color) from the witch they work fine I did check fuses all they seem fine.  any suggestion ? thank in advance.

kvn
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like possibly a bad switch or bad ground to the switch.
ky1960 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

hello ! when I turn on the head lights all the way it works ok except the parking light doesn't turn on but how do I check abad ground from the switch and I want to know if the switch still good so how can I use the same light switch to by pass from a bad ground wire to a new aground . thanks x

kvn
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

If the headlights are working then I would guess the ground is ok. I'm no expert on this just taking a stab since no one else was helping you. This brown wire did you get it right at the switch? If so then I would think the switch could be the cause. Here is what I would do. Try posting your question at a mechanic site. You may have to register before you can post. Its a good site with lots of knowledgeable folks. They have access to the repair manuals where they can look up your car.  Here is the link.

http://www.batauto.com/cgi-bin/Forum/db_TalkToMeV2.cgi?forum_name=domestics

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic