icon

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
talon4x4 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to add a remote start to my girlfriends '03 Trailblazer and I really need some help.  We already have a DesignTech AutoCommand remote start unit.  The model # is 20921/V1.0/1BD/4701.  I can't find a wire diagram for the remote start unit.  I've checked the DesignTech website but can't find this specific unit.  I've emailed them several times but haven't gotten a response.  Also, for the Trailblazer wire diagram, I found an '02 Trailblazer diagram on here, will that work for an '03??  Finally, I've read about having to get the Passlock bypass, but I don't know exactly what I need.  There seem to be so many options when I do a search for my vehicle on http://www.bypasskit.com/ .   The trailblazer only has a keyless entry from the factory, no alarm.

Sorry for all the questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!! :)

Thanks!

talon4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

OK, I've done some more searching and it looks like the only thing I need is the PLDATA, is that correct?  I also found the diagram for the RS. 

So the only question I have now is, will the '02 diagram work for the '03.  Ohhh, and will I need any relays??

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
12volts red (x2)  +  ignition harness
Starter yellow  +  ignition harness
Second Starter N/A    
Ignition pink  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition white  +  ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A    
Accessory orange  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory brown  +  ignition harness
Keysense lt. green  -  ignition harness
Power Lock use 457G or 455G module    
Notes: If Directed module 457G or 455G is not available, refer to DirectFax document 1053.
Power Unlock see power lock    
Lock Motor gray    driver door module in door
Unlock Motor tan    driver door module in door
Parking Lights+ brown  +  driver kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black  -  headlight switch
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light lt. green  +  fuse box under rear seat
Door Trigger gray/black  +  underdash light or driver A pillar
Notes: To avoid dome light delay, use the separate door trigger wires. The LF door is gray/black (-) at the driver door module in the door. The RF door is BLACK/ white (-) at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door is lt. blue/black (-), and the RR door is lt. GREEN/ black (-). The rear door trigger wires are at the fuse box under the left rear seat. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision comes on with disarm    
Trunk/Hatch Pin common with door trigger wire    
Notes: To avoid dome light delay, use the separate trigger wires at the liftgate module in the liftgate. The liftgate is pink/black (-), and the glass hatch is purple (-). Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Hood Pin pink/black  -  pin switch or BCM
Trunk/Hatch Release     
Power Sliding Door N/A    
Factory Alarm Arm     
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green  -  driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm    
Tachometer white  ac  blue plug, pin 49 @ PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the driver side of the motor.
Wait to start N/A    
Brake Wire white  +  brake pedal switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger black or BLACK / YELLOW  -  steering column
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Remote Start -- posted image.
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: Passlock 2Part #: 457G, 555L, or 555T
Notes: N/A
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
If that system only has 1 acc. which i think it does you will have to build a relay to power the second acc.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
chris354 wrote:
If that system only has 1 acc. which i think it does you will have to build a relay to power the second acc.
I don't think you need to bother with the 2nd accessory, doesn't that just power the radio and wipers?
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
The PLDATA works very well and is very easy to use. You can also use DEI units 457G, 555L, or 555T. Don't bother with the brown 2nd accessory wire on your starter connections. It is not required for remote start.
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would go ahead and power it I know on the newer gm cars if you dont it can cause a check engine light to come later on. The diagram came from dei usually if it is listed then they recomend using it. But your right it doesn't have to be hooked up to rs.
talon4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Great, thanks for all the info!!  I'm sure I'll be back with more questions after I get into this project! :D
iskidoo 
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
chris354 wrote:
I would go ahead and power it I know on the newer gm cars if you dont it can cause a check engine light to come later on. The diagram came from dei usually if it is listed then they recomend using it. But your right it doesn't have to be hooked up to rs.
I think that not hooking up the 2nd ignition will cause the idiot light to come on but I could be mistaken. I usually don't hook the 2nd accessory for the simple fact that if the wipers are left on when the car it shut off, I don't want them trying to work when it's frozen to the windshield and the defroster hasn't freed them up yet. When I get in and turn the key on the radio turns on and wipers work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic