icon

power wheels SPL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

i recently meet mark masters, the guy that started the whole power wheels spl craze a few years back, and decided to build my own mini bass machine to run at the new competition circuit in north michigan this summer. the base "car" im using is an h2, which i chose because it's a bit bigger than the others i've came across.

i plan on running two yellow tops, and building in a battery charger, so after a bit of noise making, all i have to do is plug the car into the wall to recharge.

mark hit over 160 db with his, and i read about a guy that, after iasca took it over, did 177.somthing. what would be the best design to build cabin pressure. the mic would go on the "windsheild",  and i was thinking that if i made the cabin of the truck into the ported chamber of the speaker box i would create the most pressure. is that right?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

PERSONAL OPINION ALERT:

This particular fad has to be one of the biggest wastes of money in the history of car audio competitions.  But, to each his own I guess, and it's really no different from any other hobby.  I just think there are better uses for this kind of money than playing with toys.... I'd rather have bragging rights and a trophy based on something useful and creative instead of this kind of simple "mine is bigger" mentality.

But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

Support the12volt.com
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
The mic is placed in or around the port- this was brought up at ECA awhile ago.
IMO, if you have a kid, this is a good way to get them involved and such.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
i was just amused at the sight of this thing. its neat. no need to be a dickhole.   i only have one car, and would like to be able to drive it in one peice every day, so this will give me somthing else to work on, keep me busy and creative. while you're right about it not being useful, it is awefully creative.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think DYohn ment anything personal, just sounds like one of his pet peavs. I think you would be corect in making the cabin into the ported side of the enclosure, seems like your best bet to me.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
No no, nothing personal.  Like I said, to each his own.  If someone wahts to play with these then by all means go for it.  I just think it's a waste of money.  Hey, if someone hired me to build one I'd be happy to go for it and take their cash! power wheels SPL -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
yeah...it's just a goofy side project. im mostly building it because i orginized a small spl competition circuit that includes 5 other shops in our half of the state, and i thought some of the customers would get a kick out of it. mark got good response from his and he's going to be fixing it back up this year, so i thought it'd be fun to give him a run for his money...or wast of money. whatever. 
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ya but, your a rich bitch, so it doesnt matter rightpower wheels SPL -- posted image.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Until I read this post I had never heard of this. I did a search on google and man, thats retarded! I guess I have no place to talk as I built a 4 wheeler with 18" rims and an air suspension.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Nik could ya send me a pic of that 4 wheeler if ya got one, i actually think they are kinda cool

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic