icon

remote amp on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cupah20 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
does anybody kno' what this wire does exactly?  this is the (ble/white) wire, sometimes also the power antenna wire.  is this an input or output wire?  just wanted to kno' if this is needed to turn 'on' the deck's internal amp???  if it is, is it a + or - trigger (12volts or ground).  wanted to kno' where to tie it to, cause the actual wire from the vehicle doesn't work.  please help!   
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
This wire outputs +12V when the head unit is turned on. It is hooked up to an external amplifier, if you have one, so that it is only on when your head unit is on.
WTB: Black Leather Acura GSR seats
cupah20 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

so this wire not being connected should not have any effect on the functionality of the deck if i have no external amp.  right?  reason being is that my pioneer deck does not put out any sound, but everything else works fine.  the only two wires not connected are the blue for the power antenna, cause i don't have a power antenna.  the second wire not connected is the blue/white, which is the remote amp on.  any idea???

furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
No this will not affect the hu. What kind of vehicle is it in? Is it a new hu or used?  Answer these two questions and maybe someone can help you.
cupah20 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
the hu is a pioneer.  it's fairly new, i believe it's last year's model.  it's intalled in a '93 honda civic. 
furflier 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
What is the model # on your hu? Did you have it connected in another car before? If not it is possible that it is defective. One other thing, did you use a wire harness?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
use the blue/white wire on the pioneer harness to power the blue wire in the honda adapter harness, and see if that works.  Also look back in the dash for another green harness, and try that one.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
cupah20 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

the hu is brand new.  never been used before.  i didn't use a harness cause the person that owned the car previously had cut it up and messed with everything.  just still not sure why this blue/white wire would affect anything if it's suppose to only control the external amp.  shouldn't the system work as long as power, ground, ignition and speaker wires are connected properly.  i connected the ground wire to the wire output from the vehicle.  do you guys think it would make a difference if i connected the ground straight to the chassis instead???

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yes connect it as close as you can to the HU. Almost any bare metal should do.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
furflier 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that the speakers are good and connected properly? If you have a speaker that you know is good try connecting it to see if you get any sound. If you do then you probably don't have them connected right. Try this and let us know the results.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic