Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nicorolla 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your input
like i said, this isn't a install problem
i have even tried it again last night, only this time with the casing off to screw around with the variable resistors to see if i can get more out of it.
I just don't get it, it works ! BUT it's just not loud at all. No signs of fried components, i even sniffed the circuit board and i didn't sniff out any burnt circuit. I looked at it closely with a magnifying glass and there is no burnt spot. Tonight i'm gonna take the whole thing appart to see the other side, i'm desperate to get this amp working.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yikes.  I cannot recomend you continue with your plans unless you are a certified amplifier repair technician.  It is both unsafe and unwise to tweak the pots in an amplifier or to open the case if it's powered on!  At best, you will end up simply blowing the output transistors or clipping so bad you fry a voice coil, and at worst you could kill yourself.  I suggest you stop, remove the amp from your car, and take it to a shop for bench testing.
Support the12volt.com
nicorolla 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
i'm daring
the amp never stayed in the car. i only put it in there for the time i tested it and i never touched it while it was on (except for the knobs) there was one variable resistor close to the bass boost knob that I played with that didn't do any change. I did mark where is was originaly.
DYohn - You seem to know something about circuits, do you have an idea what's causing this?
Taking it to a shop would cost me the same thing or more as buying annother one from e-bay. I guess ur right, i really shouldn't mess with this thing. I'll just buy annother one.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic