icon

horn output to siren?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caryb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

How would I go about getting the factory chrysler alarm on my Jeep which uses the two horns, to use a pulsed alarm siren, but not lose the factory horns for emergencies? Both the factory horns have green and black wires.

blackshuck 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
you can either find the factory alarm module, find the wires going to the horn, disconnect them from the horn, and run them to a siren, or you can cut the wires at the horns, run it to a siren, and then run your own wiring to your steering wheel pad to sound your actual horns.
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Not easy... hmmm     horn output to siren? - Last Post -- posted image.
2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
What type of siren are you using and on which Jeep model/year?
ASE Certified
caryb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

2002 Jeep Liberty -- DEI 514T Siren.

So if I get the RED / black (-) horn trigger wire from my Liberty to 86, attach 85 and 87 to fused 12V+, and attach 30 to the positive siren wire, will it work?

If I were to use the flashing parking light wire, would the alarm sound whenever the lights flash, (i.e. hazard lights, turn signal), or are these seperate circuits/wires.

And I want the factory horn to work as normal. Does anyone know if the negative horn trigger wire under the dash is for both the factory alarm and horn? If I cut it to attach it to the relay will I lose my normal horn?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic