icon

aiming sub in suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red beard 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2002 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have built a box with 3 JL 10W0s.  I was wondering which way I should aim them.  I have them sitting behind the 2nd seat pointing up.  They really seem to hit hard when placed about 8-10" from the back doors aimed at the doors.  I don't want to have them back there because of loading cargo over them all the time. Anybody had any experience or suggestions?
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2002 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  

just as input i have a yukon with 6 jl 12w0's firing up, and hits alot harder than when i had them firing toward the back.

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2002 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the box ported?
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2002 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
yeah it has a huge port facing foward right behind the 40 split bench.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2002 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  

Hey red beard,

Your JL's should be in a box within this size depending on what type of box you have. Also what car or truck is it in?

Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.50-0.90 cu.ft. (14.0-25.5 liters)

Ported Enclosure Range: 0.90-1.50 cu.ft. (25.5-42.5 liters)

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
red beard 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
They are in a common box with divided chambers of .75 cu. ft. each.  I aimed them up. and settled on that for now.   I might at a later time try a ported box, that is full width between side panels, and will be basically like a raised floor, and some heavy duty expanded mesh for a grill, that way I could load things and not destroy the speakers. Projects, projects when will they end? thanks for all the input.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
put spacer on the front of spearker same side as the actual speaker and than point them down towds the floor so that you can put stuff on top this will make them hit realy hard.try it waht have you got to loose aput at least an 1.5 in gap. between speaker cone and floor. of suburban.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
red beard 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2002 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I settled on the facing up right behind the 2nd seat position.  I tried the facing down deal with various heights above the floor (1.5" up to 4") and it all sounded kind of muffled.  Thanks everyone for the input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic