icon

Kenwood Head Unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
udratherbme 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2002 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just want to be sure. I purchased a Kenwood MPV-7019 colorchanging MP3 player. I installed it the stereo operated, but the disk player did not respond to anytype of Media, CD, CD-R, or CD-RW. Is there a mounting screw to keep the lens from moving during shipping? If so, where is it located there is nothing in the manual about it? I checked it from top to bottom and found nothing.... PLZ help. I had to return it once and I don't want to have to return it again.
Doin' It Down Souph, So Holla @ Cha Boi
funnycar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2002 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I just installed a KDC-X459 and the radio worked fine but no Cd output. I run all external amps, so out it came and I bench tested it and found the problem was no power to the remote wires. Tee`d into the accessary wire and it works fine.(yeah it was new and I was pissed) Hope this helps, you didn`t say if your unit loaded the CD`s or not.
udratherbme 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2002 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
The Unit took the CD but gave me an error upon load.  I sent the unit back and they determined that it was defective.  I used those Metra Smart Plugs and I really did not hav to do any extra work except for having to gound the unit in an all plastic environment. The factory unit was grounded to itself
Doin' It Down Souph, So Holla @ Cha Boi

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic