icon

Adire's new stuff

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Saw at ECA, someone posted the new line up- steven you can confirm this release from dan? :D Might want to post it here in this thread... If its right..Looks like ill have a new pair of shivas...once i save up enough..i hate being poor.lol
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

Sure I can confirm it.  Here's the link to Dan's post: http://forum.soundillusions.net/showpost.php?p=490795&postcount=13

And I understand about the poor part.  Heck, even getting dealer discounts wasn't enough.  I had to get a job at the manufacturer to afford this stuff. Adire's new stuff -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
LOL...wish i live up over in that area. I'd love to work there.
Looks like the tumult is the flagship sub now?
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  

OK, here is an unsolicited endorsement.  The Tumult is perhaps the best HT subwoofer I have ever used.  Comparible to EV prosound subs with higher output capability, cleaner sound and lower price.

Highly recomended for those who need no-compromise SQ and high output.  I used a set in a 50 seat theatre and had to use smaller amps than anticipated because they were just too much!  And very clean output.  A tumult compares with servo-controlled woofer systems costing ten times as much; indeed, the ported tumult based systems powered from 500 watt amplifiers sounded so much better than the 3000 watt Sunfire True Subwoofer systems we had planned to use that I put the several thousand dollar cost difference right back into the screen and made my client very happy.

IMO, they have been the "flagship" since they were introduced.

Support the12volt.com
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
What would be the best match to a JBL 600.1, the Shiva or Tempest?? Once I get the money (the poor thing applies here to) im planning on upgrading my subs and the Shivas/Tempest are currently topping my list. I will probably get two, or would I be better off with just one?? I listen to mostly rap, but also rock and techno.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
If you have trunk space for a larger Tempest, get the Tempest.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think trunk space is going to be a problem.... he's got a crown vic. Adire's new stuff -- posted image.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

OK, here is an unsolicited endorsement.  The Tumult is perhaps the best HT subwoofer I have ever used.  Comparible to EV prosound subs with higher output capability, cleaner sound and lower price.

Highly recomended for those who need no-compromise SQ and high output.  I used a set in a 50 seat theatre and had to use smaller amps than anticipated because they were just too much!  And very clean output.  A tumult compares with servo-controlled woofer systems costing ten times as much; indeed, the ported tumult based systems powered from 500 watt amplifiers sounded so much better than the 3000 watt Sunfire True Subwoofer systems we had planned to use that I put the several thousand dollar cost difference right back into the screen and made my client very happy.

IMO, they have been the "flagship" since they were introduced.

Wow, thanks for the endorsement.  That means a lot coming from you. 

We have one company known for using servo feedback in all their speakers planning on using our XBL^2 motor.  They tried adding servodrive to the driver but found it completely useless since the motor was already linear.  In fact I guess we have an advantage since servo feedback doesn't work below the Fs of the driver.  At least that's what my boss said. 

I'm thinking about custom making a 10" Tumult for my car.  It will look really odd with such a huge motor on such a small frame.  But it should be fun.  I really don't need the output though since the Koda 10 is more than enough for me.  So it is more for the wow factor when showing off our product. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
No problem, I mean it.  If I hadn't already spent so much on my M&K MX-350 I'd build a Tumult for my personal use without hesitation.
Support the12volt.com
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I definatly have the trunk space. Would it be better to run 1 Tempest or 2 Tempest off that amp??
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic