icon

2005 Tahoe alarm install, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveholtam 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I need some serious help getting my 2005 Tahoe install going. Either I am not very smart, or my alarm is crappy. (Maybe both 2005 Tahoe alarm install, pics - Last Post -- posted image. ) My root problem is Im trying to figure out to hook up the doorlock interface to the alarm. Here is my head unit wire outs -
2005 Tahoe alarm install, pics - Last Post -- posted image.
and here is my door module wire outs -
As you can hopefully see, this alarm has a single negative and a single positive door trigger wire. The door module has two negative unlocks (I will merge into one) and a single negative lock wire. Should my head unit have both a locking and unlocking input? Or am I over looking something?
Also, the door module has two wires for vehicles with factory keyless entry, which mine does have. The disarm (YELLOW /GREEN) notes its not required for disarm, but the arm (yellow/red) is required for GM vehicles. Should I hook them both up? And my Directwire wiring info chart does not list a connection point for factory alarm arm.
Any advice to get this beast working would be great. Im thinking that my alarm is not very good, but maybe it will suffice...
Thanks,
Steve
steveholtam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
I think I found the wires I need that will control my door locks. I should use the negative "Central Lock" wires like this chart shows right?
Thanks!
Steve
jbarb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
That module should do all your locking unlocking and factory disarm through the purple data bus wire.
What kind of module is that anyway? Ive always used the Dei one.
steveholtam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
My door module is made by a company called Perpheral. www.peripheralelectronics.com Its just what the local install place carries I guess. Sacramento sucks for finding these parts...
The good news is that I hooked up the door wires like shown above, and was able to control the doors with the alarm. However, my new problem is that the alarm is not detecting wither or not the door is open or closed. I am not sure if this door module is supposed to do this or not. Is it? Or am I supposed to use some wire off the head unit for this feature? Darn Im not very good at this stuff.... I note my wiring info data has a dome supervision connection on the BCM, but which wire from the alarm unit would I connect it wit?
Thanks again!
Steve
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
Try this wiring info, it should help you find the door triggers.The front 2 door triggers are inside each door,
the rear doors are at the BCM and the trunk is also at the BCM.
2005 Tahoe
ASE Certified

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic