icon

Would this be a good setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
you can definately mount amps to the box. some say that you shouldn't but it's pretty much your choice, just make sure the screws aren't too deep to where they penentrate the box.
as far as a head unit, i personally like Alpine. i have heard many good things about Eclipse and Nakamichi decks, but they can get pricey. i'd recommend going with an Alpine or Pioneer Premier. something like this for an alpine deck would be nice
http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7959176297&category=43947&sspagename=WDVW
for a pioneer i would go with something like this
http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=39762&item=5731595238&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
when looking for a deck there are so many things to take into consideration. how many pre-outs do you want (if you plan on hooking up an amp for the mids) do you want it to be XM or Serius capable. do you want it to play mp3/wma. now they have the HD radios. it will also come down to what you think looks good. spend some time going around to local shops playing around with different units. once you find one you like, go ahead and get it. from my experience, once you find one that you like it's better to go ahead and get it then to question yourself. plus you're goin to need a deck anyways.
ksw870 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

I like that pioneer one.

I'm lookin for...

Nice Display
MP3
3 Pre Amp Outputs
Remote

and thats pretty much it. That pineer one pretty much fits that description...now if i could find one cheaper. haha

How do you hook up an amp for mids and all that? I've never really done much research on it. If you buy component speakers and all that, they come with an amp for them right? Got any suggestions on component speakers, cause I dont know jack about them. Only subwoofers.

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
No components don't come with an amp. The only way to know which ones to get is to listen and see what you like.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
components come with crossovers, those are what i think you are thinking are the amps. as far as hooking up the amp for mids you run an RCA cable from the left output of the reciever to the left side input on the amp (do the same for the right, so you'll need 2 RCA cables, plus the one for the sub). then you'll run speaker wire from the speaker terminals on the amp to the speakers themselves. this is the way i've done it. now when it comes to bridging the amp and stuff like that, i'm still learning/researching. i'm sure if i'm wrong someone will correct, or at least i would hope so.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic