the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Eclipse 6x9 Specs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  

does anyone have the specifications for the Eclipse 6x9's from last year, I believe the model number is 83941, it was the only number on the magnet that made sense.  It is a 3 way speaker and I believe it is from last year I got a pretty good deal on them as demo's, (well thought they were a good deal at the time), but the dealer did not have the box they came in, on the bottom of the magnet it says eclipse in a triangular form on plastic.  If anyone has the complete specs or at least the rms output I would appreciate it.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ty, here is the bad news. You got the wool pulled over your eyes. The 83941 is not a last years model, it is not even a 2 year old model and it most certainly is not a new model. This means that they are old, how old? Try a 2001 model. Nonetheless they were a good speaker with a rms power handling of 50- 75 watts. I looked for some old literature but I just did not have any (I even looked under the pile of dusty old literature as well). If they sound good and you got a good deal on them and they have warranty, then who cares how old they are.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Very true. I had some 1996ish model Eclipse 6x9's in boxes in my garage for a long time. They sounded as good as 6x9's in boxes can possibly sound. Eclipse makes nice stuff. I wouldn't be bothered by the age of the speaker.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
wow, 2001 I would have never guessed they were that old.  They sound good for now, never going back to that dealer though, I can't believe that.  Yeah they are just something to get me by because I tore a hole in the rubber surrounds of my old 6x9's and they were sounding like crap.  Well I just set my gains for 75 watts rms and they sound very good.  Thanks for the insight guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic