icon

What can I do with this?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kosoku 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Ranger. I picked up a overhead console out of an explorer from a junk yard and wired it up, only to find it didnt work (the electronics are whacked). I bought a replacement off eBay that ended up being completely dead (nothing would turn on at all).

Anyways, I give up on it. I have this gaping hole in my headliner where I installed it, so I can't take it down. But I don't want it up there when the lights and temperature display don't work right. So...what can I fab that into? I was thinking of putting a back up camera monitor in there, but I think the cameras are quite expensive and it would probably be stolen anyways. Please toss out any ideas you'd have for what I could mold into the display/light area. Its about  4" wide.

What can I do with this? -- posted image.

kosoku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

LOL I don't know wtf happened there.

http://www.carmical.net/clay/temp/ohc1.jpg

97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
how advanced of a project are you looking for? what level of invesment would you like to make (ie buy new things or move stuff you have around)? I am a big fan of  guage pods, in and around instrument clusters. not knowing what equipment you have, you could easily use

that console and dremel out everything except for connection/mounting points. Then figure out what you want in there( voltmeters for battery, for amp/s, bass knob). I would flush mount a few low power leds. The new acura RL has them as night running lights, very dim faint blue illumination in the cabin at night. I think it makes it a lot easier to see to find something like remote or CDs. You could also put some superbrights up there in your existing(nonworking?) Light spots. Hell, you could probobly fit your HU up there or at least a half din EQ. Seems like you can do a lot, I’d start with anything you don’t like about you system or car and then work from there.

kosoku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't even think of gauges...that's an awesome idea. I remember seeing a cool voltmeter in a parts express catalog...
slociv 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a remote garage door opening? You could mount that in there. Also I like the idea of accent lights as well. Just use your imagination and you can do whatever you want.
-SloCiv

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic