icon

Crazy Engine Noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
THEdropZONE2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
 I need some input on this from you guys, I did a full install on a customers ride.... everything is great...(2-15" cerwins vegas, hi fonics brutis, about 8 sets of mids and highs, hi fonics zeus,eclipse tv head unit, kicker x-over) . Now this guy let his little brother pull out his head unit and fried his 4-channel zeus amp, and now that I've replaced it, the vehicle has a crazy amount of engine noise that I can not get rid of!!! I've tried ground loops,isolating the rcas-remote wire-and the power wire for the head unit, but nothing seems to help.... does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try......Crazy Engine Noise -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
A different head incase the head was fried as well.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds to me like the Head very well could have been fried. If the noise was not present before frying the amplifier, but the noise occured after a new one was put in..id almost have to say it comes down to your head. Try usin a cheap one u might have layin around to see if it is indeed the problem. Let us know if it works out.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Did you say 8 sets of mids and highs?
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
THEdropZONE2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yup, I said 8 sets of mids and highs, and I already tried the head unit, brand spanking new...... I have even tried all new rcas, power wire, remote wire, all that stuff, I'm even having him get me a new alt....
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
try telling him not to let anyone mess with your install. when our customers come in and say they messed with something and messed something up we tell them they voided our install warranty and charge them for fixing it. anyway. did they mess with the HU ground? what was he trying to add to the HU?
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Try taking the rca's out one at a time, when you pull one or more out, does the noise stop??
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
oops, sorry, missed at the bottom of the post, where you stated you've tried that.....
e40water 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

Yea gotta hate it when other people mess with youre install, Not to cool.

e4
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

reground the battery with 2-gauge. i had a similar problem, where the amp ground only showed one ohm resitince to ground, and an extra battery ground fixed it, and even if that doesn't take care of the noise it's never a bad idea on a large system.  also remember that imporper gain structure can cause system noise. this guy sounds like he might have let one of his know it all buddies tune it "the right way, because those guys at the stereo shop don't know as much as i do", so double check the amp settings to make sure they weren't moved at all. also try bypassing the x-over.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic