icon

2005 Tahoe Front Door Triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveholtam 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have the wiring info for my truck, and it indicated that the front door triggers are are IN the doors, is this correct? Does this mean I have to take off each door panel to get to these wires? Does anyone have any tricks or trips on this process?
Also, how to you run the wires through the door wire boot? Any tricks on this step?
I got the rear doors done today at the BCM, and that was easy :-)
Thanks,
Steve
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
If you dont get a databus module yes you will have to go into both doors for locks and triggers. Save yourself the headache and get a DEI 456G or a Bypasskit databus interface. Money WELL spent, save you several hours of work.
actionjackson 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
If you take down the lower dash panel by taking off the two 7mm bolts, there is a black bcm with 4 blue plugs on it. In the plug all the way to your right there is a grey wire with a black stripe.   It is positive and will cover all the doors.
Jamie Jackson
*CRIMPING AINT EASY*
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
I think that will work like actionjackson says but i do believe the domelight delay will probably cause your alarm to think the doors are open when you arm it. May or may not be an issue, depends on what you are installing.
steveholtam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have a door data interface module, and it is controlling the locking/unlocking fine, but it doesnt seem to be passing the trigger info to the alarm itself, if that makes any sense. In other words, the alarm does not know the when the doors are open or closed.
Here is my modules wiring -
2005 Tahoe Front Door Triggers -- posted image.
Hhhmmm, after looking at the above wiring, I dont see where it tells me to hook a wire into the alarms door trigger wire. Anyone have a guess which wire from this module I would need to attach to an alarm trigger input?
Also, I have not hooked up either of the factory remote entry bypass wires (yellow/red and YELLOW /GREEN) in the diagram if that matters.
Thanks!
Steve
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
That module looks like door locks only. You will have to go into the doors to get the triggers seperately with that module, or do what actionjackson mentioned above, although with some alarms i believe that the delay will make the alarm trigger when the light fades out.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

the front door triggers ARE in the door, the panal takes 4 minutes to get off. No dome delay either The left door is gray/black, the right door is BLACK/ white, in the bundle going to the handle itself.

The rear doors (if your truck has rear doors) are at the BCM. Use all of them, diode isolate and your done!

steveholtam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies. I'll just go into the doors. I wish I could have found the right module in the first place. Since Im thinking about this module, it indicates the abilty to control window roll up.
Looking at the above wires, does anyone have a clue how this feature might work?
"Databus doorlock interface with window roll up feature and R.A.P( Retained Acc Power ) Circuit control. Connects to the vehicle with One wire. " Model #DLWGMJ1
Steve
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
It is probably the yellow/red when the alarm arms it would sense the ground on the wire and send a window roll up pulse to the databus, but i have never used this module so thats just a theory. Easy to check though...roll the window down and hit the yellow/red to a ground...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic