the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

car in storage, viper needs to be reset?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys. Here's my dilema. I have a Viper 791.

I have a car that is off the road for the winter. I took it off the road last November, and just today I am starting to get things ready being spring will be here soon!. The car was totally dead when I went to start it today, and I assume it's been dead for quite some time.. so I connected my charger to my battery.. and the car started right up.

My transmitter works fine, but I noticed that it's not communicating with the car. No button whatsoever does anything, but it is trying to transmit, so it's a problem on the car, not the remote. I've been told it needs to be reset?. Is that true?. I just got this Viper installed last summer, so this is the first winter I have dealt with this. Is it common that if a battery draws totally down that this would happen with the alarm?.

If I do need to "reset" the Viper.. how do I do it?.

Thanks!.

ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
It is probably out of sync, the remotes are code hopping and if the buttons are pressed when out of range of the brain the code will change and the brain will not be looking for that code. If you press the arm button several times while you are in range it should sync back up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic