icon

Avic N2 Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevin1488 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Is anyone familiar with this. I am trying to hook up the parking brake wire, and in the Avic N1 it was just a ground wire where in this it is something totally different if anyone has any answers it would help tremendously..
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Is this any chance a vss wire and not a park brake wire?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Have not seen the wire diagram for AVIC-N2 yet, but if you are trying to bypass the system you are screwed. Pioneer hooked up the GPS and VSS wires into the brain so the unit will not view DVDs anytime the car is moving.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
So thats what they did. I've been hearing all this crap about a gyro. That still seems like a bad business move to me. People are gonna avoid the N2 because of that. I even considered it until I started hearing the rumors about it.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Nik, manufacturers are scared to death on this issue. Alpine has two pending wrongful death suits , one in Alaska and one in Louisiana. This will be the norm in one year. Sorry I've been off the sight for a while, bad car wreck, totalled shop truck.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds no different to me then sueing the gun maker because some idiot went on a killing spree. Anyway I hope your alright tcss. You shouldn't have been watchin that movie.Avic N2 Questions -- posted image.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

Got some good equipment for sale out of the truck.

(1) Alpine CDA 7998 , (1) Alpine M-500 , (1) Alpine F-340 , (1) Alpine XM tuner , (1) pr JL VR 525csi , (1) pr Alpine SPR 570 , (1) JL 10" W3V2 D4, (1) custom fiberglass box 2003 Explorer Sport Trac

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Who cares about the gear or the truck, how did you fare? I think that it is about time that the manufacturer did what Pioneer has done. Imagine if that was you that was in a accident caused by little ricer with his dvd running plowing into your car and killing your wife, children, dogs and leaving you paralyzed. Kudos to Pioneer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ya im all game for that idea,,the only place dvd's should be viewed while moveing is in the back seat for the passengers.  Thats exatly the reason why i never tell people how to bypass the alpine system.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for asking Rob, listing the gear was kind of a tongue in cheek attempt at humor with Nik. I was run into in a constrction zone by somebody on his cell phone. He was doing 70mph and I was doing 30mph. Both vehicles totaled and I hit a large boulder or would have went off a 150ft cliff, When I went to the wrecking yard to get my stereo stuff out of the car the tow truck driver asked if the guy driving the truck ( me ) was still alive! A few bumps and bruises but basically OK.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic