icon

HU that controls Sat Radio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine is where you are looking if you want the Ipod hookup. However, I have owned both an Alpine and an Eclipse and I can honestly say that the Eclipse sounds far better and would nudge you in that direction.
It all depends on what you are looking for though. Eclipse is going to sound better, its newer models have Sirius controls, and they do have an aux input on the back where you can play the sound off any portable, but not control it through the deck. The Alpines do have the capability of controlling the Ipods (I think), have XM, have easier controls in my opinion, and the ergonomics of the Alpine blew Eclipse out of the water.
Its all up to you. You'll be happy with either one. Just the trick is to decide which you'll be happier with.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll check out Alpine and Eclipse.
Does anyone else have a suggestion?
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

For the I-Pod from Alpine KCA-420I Allows you to controll the I-pod directly from the HU....

Alpine CDA-9847 Will allow you to use the KCA-420I.....Then Go to XMRadio and purchase the XM Direct connect

hook it all up and you have what you want...You can check out the other HUs at alpine but I think this is the lowest model that will allow for the I-Pod Interface...

Hope this helps...Good luck

HU that controls Sat Radio? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Check out Clarion's new DXZ955MC. It uses 24bit D/A converter, has full touch screen control (with colored display this year!) and will hook up to the Clarion iPod adapter to allow you full control. Check it out at:

http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/source_units/DXZ955MC.html

Retail is set at $899.99, should be able to find it for much less.

04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

alpine and pioneer both have adapters that let u have full control over an ipod.   I don't think pioneers is available yet though.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic