icon

ma audio products

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spilot 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
don't know much about this brand. is it anything decent?
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
From what I use to read/hear It was a very good product but from what I hear now it is goin downhill(correct if wrong)
I was gonna buy there hk-397 or amp looks decent but I got no feedback on it.....
I think there stuff is more SQ not sure tho..
Also I hear that there KORE products are very good
Hope this helps a bit
Jay
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
MA Audio = Mobile Authority.  They have never been very good, but are better than flea market brands.  They are definately NOT for SQ use.
Support the12volt.com
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Good SPL, poor SQ for the most part. I have heard some really loud systems using MAs higher end subs. Thier lower end is so-so, I have a friend that had problems with his MA subs and ended up getting rid of them, and anther friend with the exact same subs that loves them and has never had a problem. IMO, better subs are avalible for the same price. I also have some friends with MA amps and they are nothing special to speak of.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
IMO, there is better equipment out there in the same price range.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
if you run the big HK amps on subs you will have to keep a constant 12+ volts or they will shut down. we sell alot of MA and we built a comp car for the shows. a 1984 z28 with 8 ma12s and 4 SPL 1200 series 1 amps. it registered low 160s. now weve run a 1989 s10 blazer that my signature shows what were running. we built a 2002 trans am with all MA except for the HU, it is a clarion flip out screen/dvd. SQ is great with HK 600 on MA components and HK 4400 on 2-12s (plan on 6 more). customer is completely satisfied with SQ but wants to compete, thats why he is adding 6 more subs. MA is like every other brand with high end and low end stuff. i suggest the high end.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic