icon

2002 Pathfinder LE, Remote Start/Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beauhill 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  

I started installing a Nitro BMW Remote Start/Alarm this weekend and ran into a few snags.  I got the entire thing wired up and it seems to be working, but when I try the remote start it cranks over, but won't start.   I am using the 555U bypass.  The remote start doesn't have a wire that outputs negative when trying to start, so I hooked the bypass negative to a permanent ground.  Is that acceptable?  The Nitro alarm is pretty cheap and the instructions are terrible.  The wiring diagram was posted here:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=51742&KW=nitro

I am also having a little trouble trying to figure out the pin numbers on the SECU.  If I am looking in the right spot it is the module to the right of the fuse box with three plugs.  Another snag I hit was the locking.  I got the doors to lock, but not unlock.  I hooked two wires to ground, and one wire to a Power Lock Yellow (-) wire inside the door and the other wire to Power Unlock Light Green (-) wire also inside the door.

Any help would be appreciated.

ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
That thing looks like its really limited, only 1 ignition/accessory wire...bad deal...
I hope you took that green wire and split it out to relays to power ignition and accessory seperately. If not you should, and you really need 4 relays coming off of that, there are 2 accessory wires to power and 1 ignition wire, and the 4th relay would be to invert the signal to a ground for the 555u. The way you have it now it is always active and bypassing the factory security.
The wire colors you mention for the door locks are correct as far as i can tell but you probably need to check further to make sure you hit the correct Lt green. It has to be checked with the key in the door, turn the key to unlock and check with a DMM. Good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic