icon

791xv remote works sometimes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
foxhound 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Dont know what the problem is but for the first 4 months of having my alarm everything worked great, then every once in awhile I would push a button on my remote and the truck (03 s-10) wouldnt respond. Its not everytime, sometimes I can start it a few blocks away and other times I stand at the truck and the remote beeps and flashes the empty antennea thing. Any ideas? I do remember my battery going almost completly dead a while back, but I am not sure if that coincided with the problem. Ive also heard that the remotes can go bad, but I'd rather not a buy a new one if I dont have too. The thing that confuses me is it works sometimes just great and others I'll stand next to the truck for 10 minutes and it wont work at all.
Thanks
nitris 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
have you tried changing the battery out just to see how long it would work....................... if it dosent clear up the problem then it obvious the the pager is bad and need to be replaced or either the antenna is bad but the brain is good because the unit is giving some type of signal when the button is pressed................. good luck i hope you have a warrenty on your system if worst comes to worst
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Ah ya forgot to say I've changed the batteries a few times, since it has been doing this for a couple months and seems to be getting worse. The batteries in this thing last a month if Im lucky.
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
No one?
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
It seems to be getting worse and worse. Now instead of sometimes it doesnt work, it seems like its sometimes it does work. I am getting tired of the alarm going off every time I manually unlock my door and get in. I really dont want to spend $150 at BestBuy just to have it go bad again. Are the newer remotes good? Do they have a warranty or should I just buy one on ebay for half that price? Can I open my current remote and resolder a connection or anything?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic