icon

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Amp Bypass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadownmss 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with the Infinity stereo system. I purchased the wiring harness and went to install my head unit from my previous car and discovered that you have to bypass the Infinity amp. Other than rewiring all of the speakers in the car does anyone know of an easier way to do this??? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Are you planning on running an aftermarket amplifier to your speakers???

If not, then you can connect the amp remote turn on lead on the HU to the aftermarket harness and just use the factory amplifier.

ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
not with the infinity amplifier. it uses a data cable between the deck and amplifier. the regular harness just provides 12v switched, 12v constant, illumination and amplifier turn on. the only way i knew how to do it is use a daewoo harness repinned to fit all the speaker wires in the harness off the amplifier under the front passenger seat. then run them back up to the deck and wire them that way. as for wire colors i havent a clue since that information is at work. you may just find it easier to swap the speakers all at once since there are factory components up front which if im not mistaken you need to run in series each side at 8ohms so you dont ruin the amp in the deck. the back is going to be louder so you have to fade it to the front to equal it out. so, changing all the speakers will not only be safer for the deck it will sound alot better as well. im sure someone else has their information but thats all i got lol
shadownmss 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the information. I think I will save some money and replace the speakers.

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
its pretty easy to bypass, you just have to take the seat out to get to the amp.  then run a few feet of speaker cable to the amp.  i couldnt get the 7th (center)  tweeter to work though.  anywho, if you can wait a day or two i wrote down the wire code after i figured it out and i can give it to you.  i just have to get it out of my toolbox at work.
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
also i forgot to mention... you can find an adapter online that will plug into 2 sets of rca's on the back of your aftermarket deck, and it converts that to the din cable style that will plug right into your existing equipment and just integrate the amp.  here is a link for one and if this isnt it, then it would look just like it.  http://www.audioallies.com/getitem.asp?Item=70-7003&Sys=FR
shadownmss 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
I would really appreciate the wire code. Thank You!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic