icon

2005 Ford Escape subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
i'd try using the center lead of the rca to pin 1, shield of rca to pins 2 & 3, and the remote amp turn on (blue/white) to pin 4.  adjust subwoofer output on radio for desired volume/ crossover frequency if applicable.
resq1 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

OK all, I've figured it out, tested it and it works.  Pins 1 & 2 are the audio inputs.  I hacked an RCA cable and inserted the two leads.  Pin 3 I leave empty Pin 4 I use 5 volts (from onther source) and all works wonderfully. 

My final question is:  Where can I find the matching harnes to this subwoofer plug.  It is exactly like the one shown above posted by nowyaknow.

Thank you all for your help

Resq1
tech460 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
On this vehicle Metra makes a harness which is 70-5521 and it has the main harness plus an additional sub plug which is what your looking for. They also sell the sub plug by itself which is 70-5522. This is for all of the newer amplified systems that use a 70-5520 main harness including yours. Also on Fords is that the turn is not 12v it is 5v which isn't a problem but you may get a turn on thump. If so, use a 1.5kohm resistor in series with the turn on wire.
resq1 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

do you have any Idea where I could find hese parts?  A cursory search online reveals nothing.

Thanks in advance

Resq1
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic