icon

’03 Mustang Gauge Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2ndbsmn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
So being the wonderful mechanic that I am, I attempted to put reverse indiglo gauges into my 03 Mustang GT. It wasn't a problem until I got the gauges hooked back into the car, and took it for a ride. All of a sudden my speedo didn't work, my RPM's were messed up, and my four other gauges (battery, oil, fuel, etc...) were also not where they were supposed to be. I noted the correct position of the gauges before I installed, and when I put them back in, made sure they were all the way to the left, in the "resting" position, but when I turn my car on, they don't go to the right place. The speedo doesnt' move at all, and the others are all off. WHAT DO I DO? Is my gauge pod broken? Someone please let me know...thanks so much.  
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
I would say the best thing to do is to bring your car to the local dealership, and have them fix it for you.
2ndbsmn 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that for two reasons....

First, my local dealship is very very shady.

Second, it will cost me a FORTUNE!!

accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
take the cover of and make sure the new indiglow gauge are sitting right around the needles that well keep it from reading right. try to turn the car on and move it see if the rpm needle moves freely and when it does this is what i did don't know if u want to do it get some crazy glue a little dab on the corners around the needles but becareful not to glue the needles lol
2ndbsmn 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

There is no way in hell that I'm going to put glue on my gauges....Besides, they are sitting right, they just don't fluctuate properly. I need someway to make them all go back to the standard "rest" position (which I know how to do, I just turn the car off) but I also need to get the needles to actually read correctly. Basically I don' t know what's wrong with them, all I know is that they don't read right.....I mean they simply aren't correct. I know that the battery and oil light should be in the middle and the RPM should be at .5 during idle...that isn't right. Someone please help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic