the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

New PG components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

If any of you are in the market for some great sounding higher-end components, I just helped a friend install a set of the new 3-way Titanium Elite comps from Phoenix Gold.  These speakers are made by Morel in Israel, a well-respected company, and it shows.  MUCH better sounding than other PG speakers I've heard. 

I just wanted to pass along that I thought the sound was pretty incredible, very detailed and LOTS of mid-bass, clear mid-range and sparkling highs.  Worth a listen if you're in the market.

Support the12volt.com
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

What did you power them with? what vehicle? where were they installed, door panels?

and of course whats the msrp roughly?

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
They went in a '99 Toyota Solara.  9" woofers in kicks, 5.25" mids and tweets in the door panels.  Kicks are covered with OEM-matching carpet, mids and tweets are mounted together on a custom baffle in the factory door location.  His amp is an Eclipse 5542 5-channel and he uses an older Eclipse HU (don't know what model.)  No rear fill so two amplifier channels remain unused.  His sub is a 4-year-old Eclipse Titanium in a sealed enclosure.  I'll see if he'll let me take some pictures.  MSRP is under a grand... I think John said he paid around $750 out the door.  Cheaper than my Seas components and they sounded just as good to my ears.
Support the12volt.com
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I take it that the tweeters are titanium, hence the name. And what did you attenuate them at?

Pics are woth a thousand words or something, that was my next question!

Why did he pick these spkeakers (out of curiosty), did he compare them to anything else?

DYohn 
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I believe it's a silk dome tweeter.  "Titanium" is simply the PG model name.  The model is "951 titanium comp elite."  John shopped for speakers for about four weeks listening to everything before he decided on these and he bought them because he loved the sound. 
Support the12volt.com
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Our shop has just picked up Morel a couple months ago, I have installed one set of the lower end components, and was very impressed with the detail and smoothness in response. I haven't heard the higher end sets yet, but am very anxious and have thought about changing out my doors and rear fill to the higher end set.

In saying, the higher end set retails for around $1100 so a three way set from PG for $750 is a great price, as you say they are made by Morel. As for the Morel, the lower end two way set is $500.

Not trying to make any pushovers, just giving an opinion.

dwarren 
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

well I hope to see some pics...

and to  know if you had any suggestions on that rta...lol

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
The TiElite 951 set is absolutly incredible. By no way are they new though since PG stoped production on them last year. Now, they go for some pretty high prices. And I'd hope the midbass would be detailed with a 9" driver. Haha.
Paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic