icon

Fuse Box Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sodedit 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

I bought some led lights off of Ebay with three feet of positive and negative wires to each light.  The wires are very small and I don't want to blow the lights.  I want to run them strait out of my fuse box.  I've been told thats the best way to go.  Although, I don't know anything about what type of fuses to buy or anything.  I'm pretty new at this.  I own a 97 civic so I figure it shouldn't be too hard.  How would I go about doing this?   

>Chris
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

According to the wiring diagram for your car, there should be a WHITE/ black wire in the ignition harness, this will be an accessory wire, tag into this, and be sure to put an inline fuse between this and your switch. That should do the trick for you.

Tapping into the fuse box is not the safest way to complete your task, there are several risks associated in doing so. Personally, I try to avoid tapping into the fuse box.

sodedit 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
These lights are small and there are about twenty different ones that I could use (I'm not exactly sure how many i will yet)  Do you think i should run all of them from this starter wire or is there a safer alternative?  If I were to go this route, wouldn't that be draining too much current?  Would there be any way to tap into my wire that goes to the cigerette lighter, I never use that one.  Am I going to find most of these wires right around my fuse box?  Thanks.  
>Chris
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
You will not pull too much current with those small LED's, Be sure to use the ACC. wire, not the starter wire, and it should be in the ignition harness.(Around the steering column. the wires will be coming down the column from the ign. switch) Be sure to put an inline fuse in your wiring.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic