icon

alternater cuts out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info, helps out alot.  I guess i'll be looking around for a 200 amp alt then.  I just read today on a ford forum that some of the ford vans, particularily the ones that have the motorized wheel chair lifts will have up to a 200 amp alternator, so i think i'll make some phone calls to verify that, and maybe i can get a used one.  Your absolutely right that i think its ez to build a nice sounding system, but i do admit that i know almost nothing (almost cause i learned a bit already from this forum) and cant attempt a proper sub and amp setup without help...so this forum is a godsend, and i appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge, and hopefully i will be able to share the same in the future.  Thanks again guys.
c3d 
Copper - Posts: 45
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

no problem, i learned the same way you did, now im going to Mobile Dynamics in fall. I have learned alot, mostly through my own problems, but also through other peoples. Check out this website ( http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/S-G1ac6zgAY0B/car/ ) for LOTS of info and common problems on all sound system components. I read through all of it, and applied it to my own sound system, and I got so much more performance out of it.

But for advice, if your having problems with your sound system in the future, check and test all grounds for resistance, if you get too much resistance, about 1ohm i think it is, then find a better ground.

1987 Nissan 300ZX N/A
1994 Audi 90 Quattro CS
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
allright i'll check the resistance.  thanks again for your help.  looks like a great site so far...gonna have to go through it more later tonight. 
c3d 
Copper - Posts: 45
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, took me a few hours to read it all, there is alot of information in there
1987 Nissan 300ZX N/A
1994 Audi 90 Quattro CS
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic