R/S Double Pulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Good Afternoon,

I am working on avehicle with an older DEI R/S. I have no remote or instructions for the R/S, I am unsure of whether this can be achived, but here it goes.

How can you have the unit activate by double pulse rather than single pulse? If I use a latching relay it will activate every second time the factory key fob lock or unlock button is pressed.  If you put a (+) to it it activates, but I need to have it on a double pulse like the higher end models do, but only if a double pulse is done within 10 seconds?

I may be reaching but it may be easier than ripping the old unit out and buying and putting a new one in. Any suggestions appreaciated, otherwise off to CC I go.

John

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/valet/N551T.pdf

try this, it may help you

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
tampa77 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

No good. I am unable to get a model # and I have no remotes anyway (for programming).

Thanks though,

John

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
there no model number on the unit.
tampa77 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

I believe it may be a Hornet 851, it is attached above the BCM and difficult to see. I

did find an activation wire, however it would cost more to get the remotes and try to reprogram than buy a new one. It's a friends vehicle (Bought Used, no aftermarket key fob with it, saw the DEI R/S warning tag under hood and that's when I looked and found the unit). So I figured I could hook it up to the factory Keyless entry but need to somehow get a 2X pulse to activate it..

John

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
well i do remote start on factory key-less  for cadillacs the way that we do is the coustomer have to press 3 times lock on the remote to remote starter the car
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
sup dude get a dei 452t door lock pulse generator u can make it into a negative or positve double pulse output
tampa77 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

After reading this, I am be unclear on this to you guys (If so sorry). Since I can only input a single pulse to the remote start, I need to somehow make a double pulse turn into a single.

lock the vehicle twice and have the  (-) output  from the vehicle activate on the second pulse only to the R/S input .

I know you can easily turn a single pulse to a double, but reversed is a noodle scratcher!

At this point I just want to figure this out whether I use this R/S or not, ya know.

BTW -  what's up with CC not stocking DEI and having this CA crap? Anyone know where you can get DEI stuff besides Ebay?

Thanks,

John

mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, circuit city. As of april we are carrying only DEI again.  My advice , be patient and wait and get DEI through CC.
Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic