icon

viper 791xv starting problem need help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Integrity 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
omg i must be retarted i ment to say i am outside trying this right now with the laptop same results starts shuts down. the guy did this yesterday.
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hey this might be an idea ok the alarm was set for voltage sense however the alarm was not disconnected when the wire for the tach was connected to it then the guy used some reader to write to the alarm he changed it from voltage to tach.. would it be just possible that this alarm had to be reset before pluging in the tach wire etc... because when he did all of this it was tested and the csar started normal 5 times this only began later on last night and now it does it all the time..
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
The tach wire tap was made next to the engine 3/4 towards the back of the engine. on 2k4 ford explorer sport
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Check the ground..... relearn tach once you have a decent ground.... try an injector for tach (it will be the uncommon wire on the injector).
Gus
PS:it isn't a bypass problem.... Fords just plain don;t even crank if they don;t see a proper key
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Ok here is a very interesting update moved the tach wire from WHITE/ blue to the ORANGE / white problem seems eliminated...I checked out directed wiring diagram and they even say do not use WHITE/ blue wire for tach..
so im hoping this problem has been corrected however cant wait to get my prestige alarm so i can get rid of this viper crap DEI is the worst for customer service...PERIOD!!!
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

Well if the tach wire wasn't connected to the correct wire and even the directed sheet verified it wasn't on the right wire and you put it on the correct wire  I would say your problem is with the installer and not the product or the DEI customer service.  The problem is with the installer customer service.  Don't knock DEI because an installer goofed up the install.  I have had my 791 XV and love it.  I have had no problems with it at all. 

I would go back to the installer and show them what they did and if they charged you for hooking up the tach wire they better give you a refund.

Jason

Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
check this out Now im starting to think this unit is now defective it worked fine again there we moved the tach wire to the ORANGE / white the car was tested again and it worked now i am home i let it cool down for a bit i just went to try to start it now the car does not crank up at all wtf am i this f**king cursed with this thing. the gauges move like the car is going to start but then nothing. any other ideas for this clever possesed car.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
And let me guess... the "Theft"light is flashing rapidly in the cluster.....
Sounds like you have an install problem. Not a product problem. Either a)take it to another DEI dealer or b) make the DEI dealer that installed it the first time to fix it properly.
Gotta remember.... there is like a 0.05% out of the box failure rate on their stuff. Out of over 250 units this winter, I had one 130XV that had a flaky accessory... that's it, that's all. Pretty good track record as far as I can tell.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
The newer DEi units when installed on fords will over rev shutdown unless you hook the tach wire up  to an injector wire.You need to find the common injector wire it will be same color on all injectors then use the other wire at any of the injectors.
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
well i took apart the alarm waitied about 30 minutes plugged everything back in tested it all night and its now 645am its not happening anymore the car is starting up fine
it makes no sense to me but i cant complaint either
can someone tell me what is the tach treshhold jumper used for?
what are some other alarms that others use I like audiovox prestige line because it has the gps module,pager notification, and i can start the car from anywhere in the world all i have to do is dial the 1800 number type my pin and select the start option and the car starts up right away.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic