icon

fixing radios

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruelneo 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
dose anyone know where i can send a radio to get fix cheap its a sony referb. and the speaker level and the rca output is dead.
850 volvo
10-8" kicker freeair on
old punch 250 p.c.
3 sets of 6.5" 4" 1" mbquarts
bi-amped on 3 alpine mrv-f340
2-jl 6" subs in doorpannel
on old punch 40ix
and running it all
kenwood kdc-x87
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

The only thing I can suggest is to take it to a Sony dealer and see if they'll look at it - or send it in to a Sony service center for a quote.  If it's out of warranty it's most likely disposable, however, as any repair cost will likely exceed replacement cost.

Are you sure you don't just have a blown fuse?

Support the12volt.com
cruelneo 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
yeah the radio comes on and everything so dose the amp i took it to a service center wants 65 to fix it and i bought it for 125 my cost the damn thing never worked and my supplier dosent want to take it back piss me off.
850 volvo
10-8" kicker freeair on
old punch 250 p.c.
3 sets of 6.5" 4" 1" mbquarts
bi-amped on 3 alpine mrv-f340
2-jl 6" subs in doorpannel
on old punch 40ix
and running it all
kenwood kdc-x87
jugador 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Man im sorry ti here that, the same thing happend to me with a sony refurb. It was working fine for about a month and then lil by lil it started dying, the screen wouold go blank on me the remote turn on for my amps would cut off, it just plain sucked. Soooo, what did was scan my reciept change the purchase date to a more recent one, reprint it. Then go to sony website under warranty and fill out the online form. it took 5min they said they would fix, or replace for free. They even told me where i can go near my house to a UPS store for a discounted shipping rate. It ended up costing me $7, yup 7 bucks. I sent it off on a monday got it back thursday same week. And the best part was they sent me the wrong radio back mine was the cdx7000, they gave md the cdx 7050 it think, all i know is it plays mp3 cd's now when the original one didnt. I also sent me another remote because when i shipped mine they told me to keep mine and another came with the new one. Soo good luck i hope this helps you out, and you get it taken care of for cheap. See i like buying factory refurb cause its sooo cheap and still got warranty. You got to love it.
It Can always be Done, The question is do you have the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thats called fraud. Sure hope there aren't any Sony executives on the site.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

you jugador my friend are what we in the warranty service biz call a weasel !!!!   a bottom feeding, low life fraudlent weasel....

look up the local law "Theft of Services".... what you are advocating qualifies......

having vented, it's a sad reality (especially for us in the electronics service business) that most of todays car audio is considered a "pitch item".... if and when it breaks down, pitch it and buy a new one.....they have come done in price so low that it is no longer feasable to repair them.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
mseav 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a simple burnt trace on the board-usually when the high-level outputs are toast, you still have a low-level signal through the RCAs-if all else fails, crack it open and take a look.  We send our repairs to Wizard Electronics-they are very reasonable and usually do a pretty good job.
napalmic 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Well not to make anybody mad on here. But you should just trash the sony. I have a sony amp for my home theater system and its programed poorly. The only thing keeping it alive is my yamaha speakers. Well anyways you should look into a clarion. I will admit though i havent heard any car audio from sony. Oh ya sorry to get off topic abit there i dont know any cheap repair place.
Thanks
Napalmic

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic