icon

My System Will Be Complete Today!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Finally, after weeks of posts to this forum and neglecting my family, my system will be ready today. My System Will Be Complete Today! - Last Post -- posted image.    I hired a guy to finish up covering the box and running a few wires because I was just running out of time. Here is my setup:
2000 F150 Supercab
Head Unit = Alpine CDA-9831
Front Door Speakers = Polk MMC570
Rear Door Speakers = Alpine Type S (5x7) for rear fill
Sub = 1 MM2104 (Polk MoMo 10")
Enclosure = 0.74 cubic feet - sealed. Has some polyfill
Amp = 1 Polk Carbon C400.4 (Front two channels power the front door speakers, rear channels (bridged) power the sub, rear door speakers are running of head unit)
I'll try to posts some pictures on my website later if anyone is interested.
Mike
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like a smart setup. Take care with the install and you'll have a fine sounding system. Please do post pictures.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
looks good, but why have the rear fill?  its only going to hurt the sound, not really help it.  and did you leave the rear seats in?
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
mrmsudawgs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
The rear fill is for my passengers - my kids - who are back their every day. I plan on pushing the fade towards the front to get a 60/40 or 70/30 split so most of the music will be coming from the front stage.
Yes. I did leave the rear seats in. I had to because of my kids plus I really do not like modifying an everyday vehicle to such an extreme as taking a seat out in order to install subs. If it were a competition vehicle then I could justify such an act.
I'll try to get some pics up on my web page tonight. If I do I'll post the link in this thread.
Mike
mrmsudawgs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I picked my truck and system up this evening. Just let me say "WOW!". I am really impressed and pleased with the Polk equipment which is by far the best I have ever had in any vehicle I have owned. A 10 inch MOMO hits much harder than I thought it would. Very cool. The MOMO C570s are super crip and clear. The amp is way cool!
Now don't get me wrong. This just one 10" sub in a sealed box with about 225 watts RMS max. I'm not talking about a system that you can here as I'm driving down the road. No. Those days are long past for me (1989 - Two 12" Kicker Competitions being pushed by an old school Punch 150 all packed into a 1980 Ford F100). I'm talking about a very clean, very crisp sounding system with a lot of bump but not overwhelming bass. I am very pleased with it and I have taken a bunch of photos that I hope to get uploaded tomorrow or Friday.
There is only one problem - a loud "POP" when the system first turns on. I'm starting another thread regarding this issue.
Mike
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
mrmsudawgs:  Congrats - it sounds like a great system for the type of listening you describe.  I only have 200w to my 10" and never feel the need for more volume.  (Some better extension, perhaps, but not volume)
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
mrmsudawgs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
I do not mean to double post but I did say that I would post a link into this thread. I started a new topic before I remembered. Oops!
The photos are in. Check out my pictures. Just click the link.
My System
alpine7995 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
A very nice clean install.
2003 Chevy surburban

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic