icon

programing factory remort grand prix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lookingforvtec 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
I need to know how to program a factory remort on a 97 pontiac grand prix. I just got a replacement transmiter for it and I was wondering how to program it without taking it back to the dealer.
Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Remote Program #220

IMPORTANT:  Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1.      Remove the key from the ignition.

2.      Close all of the doors.

3.      Remove the “ MALL PGM” fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner’s manual to properly locate the “ MALL PGM” fuse.

4.      Insert the keys into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.

5.      Turn the key to OFF< and then back to ACC within 1 second.

6.      Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the programming mode.  NOTE: In some rare cases you may also get the chimes and enter programming mode without opening and closing the door.

7.      Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.   IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.

8.      Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed (including any existing remotes).

9.      Remove the key from the ignition.

10. Install the “MALL PGM” fuse back into the fuse panel.
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the jibberish- try this link instead....

http://www.nvo.com/chipkeys/pontiackeylessremotes/

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
lookingforvtec 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
thanks. I will try to program it monday
Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic