icon

T-Line sub enclosures

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Forevrbumpn 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone in here has tried T-Line enclosures in cars? I do alot of home/car audio speaker building/ testing, and I have some plans I have done alot of research on for T-Line. If nobody knows, T-Line is pretty much the perfect sub enclosure.  A box that is just a long port, with area that equals to Sd x  Fs wavelength. I cant wait to see the results, so I just wanted to hear from you guys in here if anyone has attempted T-Line before, thanks.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Do a forum search on here as someone did one about a month and a half ago with complete pictures and what not. I think it was with a JL sub but I cant remember now
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
I made a t-line box. It sounds great! I used an 8" JL W0. Here's a post with pictures I did. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=48412&KW=transmission+line
Forevrbumpn 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  

Looks pretty good, I just finished a box I made, only for testing the T-line design theory, only a 6.25"  subwoofer, and I had it hooked up to the sub channel of my Memphis Bell 1300 (about 250rms@6ohms) And I was like "Wow, a 6" sub?" I disconected my Kove 15", hooked this puppy up, and I was really impressed. So now I have my little tested method on a 6", time to move up in size.  The way I did it, was to keep the box as aerodynamic as possible. I used only 1/8" ply wood for the top and bottom, 3/4" mdf for wave seperation , and baffle board. It looks like, from the side, a arrow point, or side view of a wing. I will see if I can get pics in here... 30kbs is kinda small

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Forevrbumpn wrote:
A box that is just a long port, with area that equals to Sd x  Fs wavelength.
And there is SO MUCH more to it than that. You are going to find quite quickly that if you use this formula as the bible, you are going to be building boxes that are too big to even FIT in a car!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Forevrbumpn 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
Iam more interested in it for Home audio, compared to car audio. But Car audio is where I want to start. As far as home, I have Leap/LMS at work to help with design. I just got bored with port design, and what porting lacks.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb i was looking at those plans you gave me on that box...some reason the measurements look wrong.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Where would be a good place to start reading about TL design?
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Forevrbumpn 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
I just built my 3rd T-Line, and this one sounds great. Its just a 8" driver, tunned to 30hz. The formula SDxFs, does make large box designs, but so far, Ive noticed it works great. The 8" has 9.5' of port length at  30.5sq-inch port area, so the total cubic feet came to be 2cf total dimensions are 4'x2' x6.5" ( used 2 quarter sheets of 5/8"s MDF) and the port bended 3times in the box.  Still, just testing the box design, but for something so simple in design, it sounds really awsome. I have been installing for over 10yrs, and working in the speaker driver design for 3yrs, I have seen systems come and go,  high end, and low end, and for $40 in wood, it kicks a$$
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
pictures! T-Line sub enclosures -- posted image.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic