the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Shop problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thats it, slap 'em around, make 'em your beotches, and they'll send in their friends.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
MrSector9 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Nitpicky or not a customer is a customer.As far as special order parts they should have had to be paid for upfront as well as a signed agreement/contract on the total bill.
Also though I agree with a confrontational customer is not a good customer :)
Bj White
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Reality check, when a guy who drops 80k at the body shop comes by to get a "rockin" system and asks for gear and fabrication for about 14-16k you don't ask him to sign papers like at circuit city. This is beyond that. I might even go as so far as to say if he were asked, he may be insulted.  

I think these rules (customer is right, etc) apply themselves about 99% of the  time in this business. With a project like this, I think there are exceptions to the rules. This guy came to the shop, has more money than he knows what to do with and asks for all this stuff and then backs out. Its not that he was looking to take advantage of the guy whatsoever, but his business is based almost soley on word of mouth and dealing with a flip flop guy like this will result in more problems than its worth. He has a rep to keep, becasue in this county where his shop is, it is full people like this, who have excessive wealth. So my point is turning away someone like this may be better in the long run, becaue his actual work was never questioned.

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

dwarren wrote:

Reality check, when a guy who drops 80k at the body shop comes by to get a "rockin" system and asks for gear and fabrication for about 14-16k you don't ask him to sign papers like at circuit city. This is beyond that. I might even go as so far as to say if he were asked, he may be insulted.  

For a guy wanting to drop $80k at the bodyshop, then come into the sound shop, set up a $15k install then call and want to reduce it to $10k, sends up all kinds of warning flags to me.. regardless of that, it would be in writing what the work to be done - equipment to be installed is. For both parties sake. 

dwarren wrote:

I think these rules (customer is right, etc) apply themselves about 99% of the  time in this business. With a project like this, I think there are exceptions to the rules. This guy came to the shop, has more money than he knows what to do with and asks for all this stuff and then backs out. Its not that he was looking to take advantage of the guy whatsoever, but his business is based almost soley on word of mouth and dealing with a flip flop guy like this will result in more problems than its worth. He has a rep to keep, becasue in this county where his shop is, it is full people like this, who have excessive wealth. So my point is turning away someone like this may be better in the long run, becaue his actual work was never questioned.

When are consumers going to understand that business owners can turn them away?.. the business does NOT have to work on their vehicle?  All the business has is it's reputation.. if they start doing work the way the customer wants it, rather than the way the shop thinks it needs to be done they are risking everything.

'the customer' "But shop X can do the work for X amount less than you!!"

'me' "I can't do that.. I suggest you take your vehicle to them."

Jim

MrSector9 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Insulted or not,dont matter how much they dropped somewhere else the shop has to be assured your money.Like was stated before in this post alot of so called rich people HATE to spend money.. i guess that is why they are rich :)
a $14,000 dollar install that someone will not pay for is enough to close a small shop.
As for him backing it down to 10,000 nothing wrong with that sicne it is his choice... what about when the work i all done or even partially done and he only wants $5000 put into it?
Must be nice to live in a part of the world where you can just take a persons word for $15,000 worth of work.
BJ White
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic