door actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wotugot4me 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
hi
got an alarm the other day and tried installing it.  So far its all up and running as it should except the central locking.  I was wondering if you had any words of wisdom or could simplyfy the whole process for me.

In the car there are 5 wires to each actuator.
1. 12v on lock, ground on unlock
2. ground on lock, 12v on unlock
3. ground (-)
4. seems to be ground but switches to 12v for a moment when locking
5. 12v

the alarm seems to have 2 relays built in for the central locking. the cables are. do i need seperate relays still?

orange (normal close)
white (common)
yellow (normal open)
ORANGE / black (normal close)
white black (common)
yellow/black (normal open)

if it make sense to you and you know how to get it to work please let me know, its driving me mad.

Also I have a trunk release solenoid that i fitted, it worked off of the rear windscreen wiper switch (because i removed the wiper for a flush look) when i tried to wire the + trunk release from the alarm it did not work and blew a fuse.  when i cut the cable from the switch it worked fine.  Could this be from 12v from alarm going into 12 at switch?  if i added a diode at the switch to stop the feedback do you think this will work? 
thanks

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

one relay is for lock...and the other is for unlock

N/O=pin 87

N/C= pin 87a

common = pin 30    theses are the pins you find on a relay  Are you useing aftermarket actuators....?

pins 85 and 86 are controlled internally.

Whats the year make and model of your car? Then look at the relay and door lock sections on this site. Basics and car security. It will give you the locations of what wire goes where!

door actuators - Last Post -- posted image.
wotugot4me 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

hi, thanks for the info, the car is a 1993 Ford Fiesta (UK) with original ford locking system.

Im new to this so please bare with me.  il see if i can figure it out.

wotugot4me 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i understand the picture, i need to add 2 relays (one lock, one unlock) and get the - triggers from the alarm.  Now where do i attach them at the actuators?  i am assuming that the lock relay should be attached to the wire that shows 12v on lock and vice versa with unlock?

if this is correct then can this join be made anywhere on the cable or does it need to be before the central locking relay?

thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic