the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

New Glassmans DVD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
I just looked at the newest of their DVDs and it has two things in it that interest me. First off is they show a what they say is a good way to pre-calculate air volume for ported boxes. It would be nice to know a good way of doing this. Does anyone know the technique they use? Also they show how to make a lighted emblem or a window that conforms to the shape of the box. Seems pretty cool. I've never bought any of their DVDs and I was wondering if anyone knows if they are any good. Any input is appreciated.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
I just really want some of these DVD's but I really dont care too pay $70 for it, I want it to be like $20. I would pay that in a heart beat.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
They are only $50. Thats still high though and thats why I was asking if it was any good. Esp. since I don't even need it to teach me about F/G, I want to know how they do the math.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Lads these DVDs are well worth it, all the tricks of the trade are revealed, and there are over 4 hours on V6 and 2 hrs on V5. Thats 6 DVDs for 99 dollars....!?! or you can get all of them with V7 for about 130 dollars, well worth it id say.
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
I don't need them all. I know most of the Fiberglass tricks. It's the box design area that I'm lacking in.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

well a lot of different box designs can be picked up from there, in V7 he does akicker box with backlit logos, and talks a lot about Air space design.

oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thats the one I'm talking about. You think they are worth the money huh? I think I'm gonna get just that one. If its REALLY good I might get the rest.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Carbonb 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
I would love to have these DVD's, if they would drop their DVD price to $20 each I would buy all of them.
I am going to get some money and get the starter DVD. I mean I know what I'm doing, but not to the extent that they know what they are doing.
It would be awesome to see them do it in steps so I can make my boxes go faster and build them more efficently.
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  

supposedly u need this volume AND the next one (which isnt out yet) to actually understand the way they calculate the measurements....this is a quote from glassman

The next video v8.0 will show how to get airspace calculations in odd shaped cavities BEFORE you build them, not just MDF foundations. Once you have this airspace number you can easily port it to your liking. Youll need the previous versions to understand it though.

Only newbies will need the previous versions, but this is what he says...so i would wait. this is what he says about 7.0

You do not have to divide an enclosure to port but in the v7.0 we wanted to show how anyone with little experience could take the ported box specs booklet from the box their woofers came in or the soecs of a sub from the manufacturers website and build one out of fiberglass. The Kicker subs we used called for individual chambers so we did them seperate. It all dends on the size, type, and woofer being used as well as the tuning frequency you want.

u decide if u want to buy it or not.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic