icon

HO alt. or batt.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
hey you guys i went to a supercross race and kicker was there with there cars and stuff and i was asking one of there guys who was there marketing manager about stuff. He said it is a misconception that u need a big HO alternator and that you would buy fine with a stock one. He said that the trick is to rewire all of your factory wiring and change it from 8ga wire to 4ga wire adn that would do the trick. He said if anything the next thing is he would do is get an extra battery before i get a bigger alt. Does this sound correct?
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Will a bigger gas tank make your car go faster? Then how will a bigger battery give you more power? It won't. It will give more storage. Storage that you don't need unless you have a HO Alt. to supply power. Upgrading factory wiring is always a good idea but there is no misconception about HO alternators.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

alrite thanks alot. So now if i do get a HO alternator will i need another battery as well?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Kicker man was on krack...You've heard the sayin... "it takes power to make power"   Well, to get "POWER" you need a huge generator (alternator)...the power needs to start somewhere!! Then get your extra storage (batteries)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
He was from Kicker, after all, and they don't sell alternators.  Did he tell you a big huge capacitor is your answer?  Or maybe a couple of their square woofers?  HO alt. or batt. - Last Post -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

no he told me if i bought a solox 18 then it would help the rest of my subs get more power from my amps.HO alt. or batt. - Last Post -- posted image.

c3d 
Copper - Posts: 45
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
If you get a bigger alternator, you dont need a bigger battery, unless you want to operated your system while the car is not running. but it is a good idea to get a deep cycle battery, and try not to connect more than 1 different kind of battery together
1987 Nissan 300ZX N/A
1994 Audi 90 Quattro CS
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
If you have a HO alt already a deep cycle battery is always a good idea. That way you can put the car on acc. and play music at partys, shows and whenever else you wanna listen to music on your system, but arent driving anywhere.
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
That is hilarious, a marketing manager from KICKER trying to give electronic advice, and what he said about the solo was priceless.  Just goes to show you some people selling audio equipment do not know what the heck they are talking about.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
so if you hook up a solo-x 18 to a battery then maybe it will help the alt. hmmmm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic