icon

Web purchase?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickvr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Do you think its safe to order stuff from web sites below (or any other sites)? Seems a lot cheaper to import a set of RF components than buying from local guys (back here in South Africa). The interesting thing I've noticed is the big difference in pricing e.g.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCX162S - Rockford Fosgate Type RF X162S = $599 &

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Productid=14398 - $389 !!

Above looks suspect... Can you recommend other sites?

Thanks

Nick
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

Cardomain is 100% legit, there an authorized reseller for a ton of brands including RF, the prices are cheaper because they buy in such quantity

Ive orderd from them plenty of times and have never had a problem
I havent orderd from the other site so I cant comment, I will tell you one thing Cardomain will price match almost anyone, even if there not an authorized reseller

Good luck with you purchases

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Both sites are very legit. I do believe both are authorized dealers for many brands.
Paul
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys. What bothers me is the significant price difference between the two sites... On above RF speakers there is $210 difference and on the  Rockford Fosgate Punch P8004 there is $230 difference. The same goes for other brands they both sell. I have sent an email to cardomain.

It will also be interesting to see how much couriers costs and insurance etc. will add to above pricing. It may not even be worth it to buy this way, although I doubt that..

Nick
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
You're looking at like a max of $150 for shipping and handling(which will be well taken care of) and that is even pretty high. But if you are saving a few hundred, I'd jump that.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Onlinecarstereo isn't an authorized RF dealer so no warranty... If you are looking for a place to buy car audio from then ikesound is better if you don't care about the warranty or customer support. 
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Being in south africa it probley wouldn't be worth your time to get an item repaired under warranty anyway unless there happens to be a repair center for that specific brand there.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
CarDomain/SoundDomain: most expensive but they are authorized dealers for everything they sell. Therefore any warrenty goes through the manufacturer, not the site. They also offer great customer service.
Onlinecarstereo: Not authorized for everything they sell, so returning products that break may be more of a hassle. They also may not offer the quality of customer service that cardomain does. Things here tend to be cheaper then at cardomain.
Ikesound: usually the best prices (losts of factory refubes) but they arent certified for most of what they sell, and have poorer customer service.
CrutchField.com and TheZeb.com are both similar to cardomain.sounddomain in price, service and warrenty.
Hope that helps.
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone. Cardomain replied to my email. They said that they do not currently ship outside US / Canada and that any such exports, via a US address, voids the warrenty. Still exploring options though.... I have a mate in Florida that is willing to assist.
Nick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic