icon

code alarm CA670 manual?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

For a CA670?  I was told by a dealer that it will interface with my factory door keypad.  Just curious to see the manual before I went and ordered one.

Thanks,

Chris

Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have a fully loaded CA670 in my vehicle, and the wiring is as follows :

3 pin door lock harness

Neg Lock/Pos Unlock  - Green 

Neg Unlock/Pos Lock - Blue

2nd Stage Unlock - Blue/Green

If you have a Keypad most likely you have a neg pulse system, make sure you check  and see.  Good Luck.

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
The CA-670 has the wires (manual arm input, manual disarm input, and switch sense input) that you would need to interface with the factory keypad/keyless entry to arm/disarm your aftermarket alarm. These are different than what was just posted above which are the normal door lock/unlock/ddp outputs. Unfortunately I don't have the manual in front of me to rattle off the colors. Hope it helps,
Mike
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

It does help.  I was trying to decide on wether or not to go with this alarm, and now I am.  I've been trying to find an alarm that is 2-way and will work with the factory keypad.  ANd apparently this is the alarm.

Thanks guys!!

chris

gujustud 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  

I'm thinking about getting the Code Alarm CA670 with all the options...how do you guys like the alarm system?  I have not personally experienced a Code Alarm alarm system, I have had 2 Ungo alarms and an Alpine alarm on my other cars in the past.

Thanks!

nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

I wouln't hook it up cuz if bye any chance the keypad fails or gets burned out with time, weather,or crook stabs at it might fry your inputs on the alarm.so you would have to replace the keypad along with the alarm.

Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have never had problems with Code Alarm, and have been installing them since around 1988, the only thing I found about the CA670 is that if you have the RF programmer it makes programming them much easier.  Also when you first install it make sure when you program the remotes you do both of them at the same time, alternating to each output.

gujustud 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks acuraxtacy!  Makes me feel better knowing that I am going to get a good product...and I'm actually not going to do the install, Car Toys is.  I am getting the CA670 for both of my cars and both of the cars will have all the options.  Do you know if I will be able to use one remote for both of the cars?  That way, I can have one LCD remote and my wife can have the other since I will actually be getting 2 LCD remotes, one with each system.  I think the salesman said I could, but he could've just said that to pitch the sale and then after its installed and paid for, he can say that it wouldn't work that way.  I couldn't find anything about being able to use one remote for multiple cars on the Code Alarm website or in the manual, but then again, I was looking at the manual for the CA645 because I couldn't find a manual for the CA670 online.

Thanks again!!

metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt if you will see many seasoned installers here who have experienced code alarm post.. Those who have felt the wrath of code alarm in the flesh..the notorious failings with the CA line, especially the CA-425 brain..They will have nothing positive to say.. Avoid the CA-425 brain like the plague...I just totaled one last week with a sledge hammer.. Hopefully the new(er) line is better..looks like the redesigned 425a brain.. Good luck..
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

did code alarm finally shrink there VCR looking brain for there oem alarm upgrade or it's still big.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic